OT: Music Sharing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
Deer Tick just dropped a double album a couple weeks ago. Volume 1 is their acoustic folky stuff and Volume 2 is electric. I first got into them at the Folk Fest 5-6 years ago.

Reactions: markusschoen76

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Some good new shit coming our way. Future looking bright!

One off their recent album "Peach"....they're from Georgia.

And one I may have posted before, but who cares, friggin awesome tune:

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
The Faceless' new album "In Becoming a Ghost" drops tomorrow for any metal fans that like tech death. Michael Keene is one of my favourite guitarists. Just a perfect blend of creativity and ferocity.

Reactions: Dorian2

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

Brain Dance instantly grabbed my attention when I heard it for the first time. Tosin is amazing, but I feel Javier deserves more credit than he ever seems to get. Super cool guy too, met him a number of years ago at a Starlite Room gig, was just standing in the crowd before they went on, willing to talk music all the way up to his show time. Not too many musicians are that accessible (will say the same of Brann Dailor of Mastodon). Mass respect to those that balance the responsibilities of performance and fan interaction.

Also, props on the user name. King Crimson are killer - or if you're basing it on the BTBAM cover of the song, equally killer.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Brain Dance instantly grabbed my attention when I heard it for the first time. Tosin is amazing, but I feel Javier deserves more credit than he ever seems to get. Super cool guy too, met him a number of years ago at a Starlite Room gig, was just standing in the crowd before they went on, willing to talk music all the way up to his show time. Not too many musicians are that accessible (will say the same of Brann Dailor of Mastodon). Mass respect to those that balance the responsibilities of performance and fan interaction.

Also, props on the user name. King Crimson are killer - or if you're basing it on the BTBAM cover of the song, equally killer.

Hey I was at that show! Haha, the BTBAM version is one of my all-time favorite covers. Front Country do an amazing job as well.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
The Faceless' new album "In Becoming a Ghost" drops tomorrow for any metal fans that like tech death. Michael Keene is one of my favourite guitarists. Just a perfect blend of creativity and ferocity.

Just giving these guys a listen to. Gonna be checking more of their stuff out for sure. I'm getting some Opeth and COF inflections with some Alice Cooper thrown in for good measure. (Shake the Disease). Haven't been listening to the heavier stuff for a bit, so there are probably some better bands to use as examples though.

DJsquared

Aug 25, 2013

Just for the comedic value. I guess an inside joke kinda thing from work.

one of my all time favorites along with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->