OT: Music Sharing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I hate Michale Graves Misfits so much... so much. Danzig Misfits was the absolute ****. I just can't accept a different singer.

[Yt]sTAan-fd9PU[/MEDIA]

No way, ....tht's too bad. I really like him.
American Psycho is a great disc IMO...loved it when it came out, still do.
Famous Monsters is good too...love the opening to Helena.
I thought Michale Graves vocal style was perfect as the heir apparent to Danzig...and Misfits seemed more Metal.

but then again, I thought Danzig was much better on his own, and when he went more Heavy Metal.

edit: to add, ...don't care at all for Jerry Only on vocals.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Here's a couple I liked back when:

And since Danzig was brought up, here's one the band I was in used to do:

:)

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

Twist of Cain was bad ass...great opening riff, such a killer hook IMO....I played that vid earlier in this thread:naughty:

For the AIC?...I was never into the 90's scene...despised grunge and the whole thing...just about killed my love for music and playing altogether.
IMO, and no disrespect, ...I'd rather listen to disco, over grunge any day.

edit: I'd rather listen to Country and Western over grunge as well

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I thought Michale Graves vocal style was perfect as the heir apparent to Danzig...and Misfits seemed more Metal.

but then again, I thought Danzig was much better on his own, and when he went more Heavy Metal.

American Phsyco is a good album. Famous monsters is too actually. If they didn't call themselves the Misfits I probably would have liked them. It really did shift from a punk sound to a metal sound, and don't get me wrong I love metal, but I really liked the Misfits as a punk band. They were so dark and inappropriate. It really appealed to me as a 13 year old. The Graves Misfits felt a bit cheesy to me 10 years later.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton

I actually really liked Aic. They were the grungiest of the grunge bands. The album title dirt was so appropriate because that is what they sounded like. My fav was always:

[Yt]Nco_kh8xJDs[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Also, I can't talk AIC without sharing Rooster. One of the best music videos to come out of the 90s:

[Yt]uAE6Il6OTcs[/MEDIA]

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

I dislike danzig. Misfits had some nice tunes though.

I was more partial to Minor Threat or Fear - The Record.

Minor Threat was tops for guitar for me.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Twist of Cain was bad ass...great opening riff, such a killer hook IMO....I played that vid earlier in this thread:naughty:

For the AIC?...I was never into the 90's scene...despised grunge and the whole thing...just about killed my love for music and playing altogether.
IMO, and no disrespect, ...I'd rather listen to disco, over grunge any day.

edit: I'd rather listen to Country and Western over grunge as well

I was/am in sorta the same position as yourself Booya.. sans a couple of bands and songs. ANother musician that is/was considered Grunge (or the Spokane sound if you will) at the time is the one and only Chris Cornell. And Dave Grohl of course, who as you know was drumming for the biggest Grunge dudes at the time in Nirvana....anyway, I agree with you for the most part re: the Grunge scene. Didn't appeal to me whatsoever at the time, and most of it still resonates poorly to me. But there are and were certain exceptions that I really enjoy at times.

This dude is definitely bad ass through and through....for various reasons:

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
This dude is definitely bad ass through and through....for various reasons:

I liked Soundgarden a lot when I was younger. AIC, Soundgarden, and Nirvana were my jam in the mid 90s. Cut my teeth as a guitarist on that stuff.

Fav Soundgarden song:

[Yt]ySzrJ4GRF7s[/Yt]

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Great tune Tinfish. Thayil has such an offbeat way of playing, but it totally defines the sound. Awesome stuff there.

Might not be for everyone, but this girl is an up and comer I'm thinking. Check it out:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Beautiful guitar work.

No doubt eh.

For anybody wondering, the tune Emmanuel and her did is Classical Gas (Mason Williams), a tune my guitar teacher introduced to me in 1987....which happens to be one a student of mine is trying to work out at this time. It's a tough one!

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Gonna go with something a little diiferent than my usual here. As a Dad with a young child back in the day (she's 17 now), we'd watch this movie endlessly. Thought I'd share a legend of the Jamaican genre of tunage with you all. I happen to find it moving and absolutely beautiful...even though I love Metal! Jimmy Cliff.

Here's another that I liked a lot back then, and still love:

Say what you will...this **** is brilliant!

Brings a smile to my face every ****ing time.

Last edited:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Ahhh. While I'm at the weird stuff...here's another sweet tune. Not sure if you wanna play it at work though:

Yup...I'm pure Metal!!

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Haven't posted here for a while so I might as well share some Amorphis with you because they will start their USA/Canada tour tomorrow. (If I remember correct they won't come to Edmonton, though - sorry.) Anyway, these two I find true masterpieces:

Amorphis - The Smoke

Amorphis - House of Sleep

May these old Kalevala spirits reach Pulju in Bakersfield and haunt him to new scoring heights! :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad