OT: Music Sharing Thread 2

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Stored human memory is fascinating. Often unbeknownst to us our recollections are stored and retrieved through our senses and all we touch, see, feel and hear. Even taste, music, art, books, reading. Revisit any of those things and memories come flooding back.

60's were a fantastic time for pop oriented radio music. Lots of good stuff on and that sounded fascinating even on the radio. Lets take a trip;

This was an earworm song I had all the time. Never forget it.

This was a song on the radio every morning playing and that would have me bouncing to school thinking about love before I knew what that was. The Association had a lot of that and were so musically accomplished.

Donovan also got a lot of airplay on the old transistor radios. Had about 3 of those that I wore out through the years. To me he's the Brit Dylan.

Check out the Intergallactical Laxative by Donavan. Heartwarming.;)

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Check out the Intergallactical Laxative by Donavan. Heartwarming.;)

You are talking about the Scottish guy--Donovan?

If ever there was a song that was tailor made for a movie it was "Hurdy Gurdy Man" which was the title track for "Zodiac."

Take away that song and the movie really takes a hit but it was indeed a perfect fit.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
I discovered these guys last year. Tough to find on any format, grabbed a couple CDs off discogs, wasn’t cheap either.
But they totally rock out. Spaced out idiosyncratic polyrhythmic heavy 70s German psych:

Reactions: Dorian2

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
^^ That's crazy! I'm listening to the 3rd song right now which brings me to a Led Zep meets Alice Cooper carnival feel that was preceded by a healthy dose of Pink Floyd and The Doors vibe. I don't know WTF that 1st tune was with Frank Zappa elephants walking around aimlessly... ;)

Saved to my play list.

Reactions: Moreaupheus

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
^^ That's crazy! I'm listening to the 3rd song right now which brings me to a Led Zep meets Alice Cooper carnival feel that was preceded by a healthy dose of Pink Floyd and The Doors vibe. I don't know WTF that 1st tune was with Frank Zappa elephants walking around aimlessly... ;)

Saved to my play list.

Don’t forget to like my post, bro....:sarcasm:

Song #2 has a riff on it that sounds similar to the Yardbirds tune ‘the Nazz are blue’ then a killer drum break followed by a space jazz trip out.

But to me, it sounds like they extend the end of the measure of the yardbirds riff..like they’re purposely toying with the listener...very cheeky imo

Last edited:
Reactions: Dorian2

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Don’t forget to like my post, bro....:sarcasm:

Song #2 has a riff on it that sounds similar to the Yardbirds tune ‘the Nazz are blue’ then a killer drum break followed by a space jazz trip out.

But to me, it sounds like they extend the end of the measure of the yardbirds riff..like they’re purposely toying with the listener...very cheeky imo

Thanks to that one I have a few new suggestions from Youtube saved. This came along and sounds interesting. Of course I've also been listening to Steven Wilson lately so there is that too!

Reactions: Moreaupheus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad