OT: Music Sharing Thread 2

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Not quite as seasonal. There's is awefully good female led Metal bands coming down the pipe. Dragon Force's Bassist here with her side project. Good Rock!

Reactions: Haggard

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
My musical tastes are odd and varied. I get into experimental/Industrial stuff as well. Its weirder even to find Xmas music depicted by such. But this one really got my attention years ago. By Justin Broadrick who has certainly been part of some interesting musical movements.

This is very sad, as much of his Jesu chapter is, and speakers blow up around the 26 sec mark so don't turn it up too high. I mean if Adam Sandler wrote a Xmas song on the Wedding Singer this is probably it... but this is powerful.

1. Christmas (8:45)
What will Christmas bring for you this year
Everything and nothing and just the usual tears
Will you look outside and see nothing but snow
Or will the Christmas cheer be at a merry low

Are the sleigh bells ringing in your ears
And will expectations bring in your happy new year
And after these days will it all just return
That Christmas is lost on us and we will never learn

..............................................................................................................................................................

This one not Christmas at all but a great song by Sigur Ros, and great movie, similar kind of mood.

Disturbing video, potentially, depicting the scourge of drug addiction so prevalent now;

With that I'll state that Christmas, this time of year is exceedingly difficult for some people, and especially this year in isolated alone Christmas version. Do what you can to reach those people you know are alone. ph call, something. If you are one of those people important to remember that sadness touches us all, and know that others are there in those feelings, but don't go too far on that ride alone.

Merry Christmas everybody..

Last edited:

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Although I have watched The Sopranos series several times, it was not until my most recent rewatch where I took an interest in this song after it was featured in the opening of season 2.

I must have listened to this 20 times over the last couple weeks. I would not classify myself as a fan of his music, but I do think it is an amazing song. Smooth.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
An amazing rendition of my favorite Christmas song. This woman is so incredibly talented to sing like this in what I assume is not her native tongue.

Reactions: Dorian2

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Paul McCartney - Lavatory Lil (Lyric Video) - YouTube

The best song (IMHO) from McCartney III-- his latest album.

Nice guitar riff in this one.

Not Lovely Rita mind you but rather Lavatory Lil.
My favourite artist from my favourite band, as well as the greatest song writer of our time. But the best before date for decent creative songwriting is long past for him. Sorry, but I'm only interested in the music from the first 50 or so years of his life, the Beatles songs being by far the best. Every time I hear one of his new songs, I cringe and think maybe he's trying too hard to keep up. I wish he could have one of those marvelous "dreams" again, and have a "Yesterday" come out of it.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
My favourite artist from my favourite band, as well as the greatest song writer of our time. But the best before date for decent creative songwriting is long past for him. Sorry, but I'm only interested in the music from the first 50 or so years of his life, the Beatles songs being by far the best. Every time I hear one of his new songs, I cringe and think maybe he's trying too hard to keep up. I wish he could have one of those marvelous "dreams" again, and have a "Yesterday" come out of it.

He and his pal John were (IMHO) the 2 greatest song writers of our times but that said, Paul is "long past it" in terms of his song writing ability.

I think Paul's last real hurrah was the "Flaming Pie" album with one of my favorite Paul solos "Bend Little Willow" on it.

This latest album is mostly forgettable but I think "Lavoratory Lil" would have been right at home on Abbey Road's "Medley" side or it would have fit in nicely on "Band on the Run" right next to "Helen Wheels."

Yup, the glory days are long long gone and last time we saw him at Roger's Place the voice seemed much weaker and he looked tired. Still, there is the odd flash of glories past and of course the World has had few songwriters of his influence.

It is interesting that when we visited the Calgary Philharmonic I asked a few of the professional musicians if McCartney and Lennon were ultimately just lucky light weights because they couldn't read music but they strongly disagreed (and one of them mentioned Jagger-Richards as well) so talent is talent is talent.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
He and his pal John were (IMHO) the 2 greatest song writers of our times but that said, Paul is "long past it" in terms of his song writing ability.

I think Paul's last real hurrah was the "Flaming Pie" album with one of my favorite Paul solos "Bend Little Willow" on it.

This latest album is mostly forgettable but I think "Lavoratory Lil" would have been right at home on Abbey Road's "Medley" side or it would have fit in nicely on "Band on the Run" right next to "Helen Wheels."

Yup, the glory days are long long gone and last time we saw him at Roger's Place the voice seemed much weaker and he looked tired. Still, there is the odd flash of glories past and of course the World has had few songwriters of his influence.

It is interesting that when we visited the Calgary Philharmonic I asked a few of the professional musicians if McCartney and Lennon were ultimately just lucky light weights because they couldn't read music but they strongly disagreed (and one of them mentioned Jagger-Richards as well) so talent is talent is talent.

That last line is so true. You can have people that areclassically trained and can read all music and then writeincredible music. And then others with no or little training and cannot read music, but still write incredible tunes. To boot, both Lennon and McCartney were both very well versed in poetry and reading skills during their formative years, and this interest/talent transferred nicely into writing the lyrics for songs. The tunes themselves were wonderful, but when you have the ability to write fantastic words to go along with them, it's magic. And then play instruments beyond proficiently. And finally, the ability to be creative and never get stagnant, always searching for new ideas and frontiers, while always keeping the standards and path where people always know "it's you" when they hear the new offering. It's incredible how you can see many of the same chord progressions appearing in both writers various songs. Everyone has their "favourites" to play and use. And when you her them, you always know it's The Beatles,or it "sounds like" a Beatles song.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Went to see these guys in summer of '79, fantastic concert. Fantastic musicians and great songs. Love how this one starts off with emphasis on the off beat and then the snare kicks in and "corrects" it to the first beat. RIP Rick Ocasek and Benny "11 letters"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad