Courtney Love?

On a scale of 1-10 she gets a
images
on the parent approval meter

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I've always been fascinated by Mike Oldfield and the whole tubular bells album. It's 100% associated with the Exorcist movie for most people but the backstory around the album and Oldfield's 40+ years obsession with it is really interesting.

Regarding your listed profession,must be a prerequisite:jk:

What can I say

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Their Isle of Wight performance from that era is one of my favorite live set ever. I still go back to it from time to time, the pure raw rock energy they had was miles ahead of anyone else in 1969-1970.

Some peculiar things jump at you when you watch that.

First thing is, there were barely any black people in the audience. They might as well have renamed it "Isle of White."

Then, I've never seen a video from that era that had such beautiful images without matching sound. Usually, it's the other way around, images are not of high quality but this was not just a video, it was film. Still, the sound was not up to the same standards as the images.

Next you notice that there are no Marshall stacks, unlike many bands of that era playing a similar genre.

Next, Pete Townsend does the windmill early on, which was cool. But, holy crap, those high waist hot pants did not age well, lol.

The crowd is well behaved, which is unusual for their audience. I thought they might have smashed their instruments or set the stage on fire but maybe this was too early in the game, before they engaged in a more destructive enterprise.

Also, where did Roger Daltry get that strip curtain attire?

cdb2b8cb5e8b85b51fd07c1e26034e16.jpg

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Some peculiar things jump at you when you watch that.

First thing is, there were barely any black people in the audience. They might as well have renamed it "Isle of White."

Then, I've never seen a video from that era that had such beautiful images without matching sound. Usually, it's the other way around, images are not of high quality but this was not just a video, it was film. Still, the sound was not up to the same standards as the images.

Next you notice that there are no Marshall stacks, unlike many bands of that era playing a similar genre.

Next, Pete Townsend does the windmill early on, which was cool. But, holy crap, those high waist hot pants did not age well, lol.

The crowd is well behaved, which is unusual for their audience. I thought they might have smashed their instruments or set the stage on fire but maybe this was too early in the game, before they engaged in a more destructive enterprise.

Also, where did Roger Daltry get that strip curtain attire?

cdb2b8cb5e8b85b51fd07c1e26034e16.jpg
:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->