OT: Music Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Funny and sad at the same time,but why book a band that is not good in the first place? The bands at any weddings I've been have been nothing noteworthy but did their job. Actually kind of prefer a Dj that knows how to get things jumping.

I knew a lot of musicians who made ends meet with wedding gigs. One band in particular had a singer who had a knack of picking up the mothers of either the bride or groom and would quite often be performing in a parked car during breaks. The band was often left scrambling looking for the guy in parking lots but they usually found the fogged up car that was gently moving. Good times.

Reactions: peate

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I knew a lot of musicians who made ends meet with wedding gigs. One band in particular had a singer who had a knack of picking up the mothers of either the bride or groom and would quite often be performing in a parked car during breaks. The band was often left scrambling looking for the guy in parking lots but they usually found the fogged up car that was gently moving. Good times.

I reckon you could make some decent coin doing that, I knew some as well but they also played in bands, entirely different music though. If you want to be a musician, it's not always easy and some coin is better than none. Hope those slutty mothers were divorced or widowed at least:rolleyes:

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I reckon you could make some decent coin doing that, I knew some as well but they also played in bands, entirely different music though. If you want to be a musician, it's not always easy and some coin is better than none. Hope those slutty mothers were divorced or widowed at least:rolleyes:

Nope, they were all mostly married as in mostly married to their husbands but not full time.

The guy was a champ. He kept adding them to his dating roster after his initial encounters. I remember one that he kept seeing who got sick and ended up in hospital and this guy shamelessly visited her and brought her flowers.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Nope, they were all mostly married as in mostly married to their husbands but not full time.

The guy was a champ. He kept adding them to his dating roster after his initial encounters. I remember one that he kept seeing who got sick and ended up in hospital and this guy shamelessly visited her and brought her flowers.

How does that work? an open marriage?

A friend of yours? sounds like there was a void in his life and was trying to fill other voids:sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How does that work? an open marriage?

A friend of yours? sounds like there was a void in his life and was trying to fill other voids:sarcasm:

I knew two guys who played in the same band and fed me all of his “exploits”. The guy looked like a Greek god, tall, dark with long curly hair — it came very easy to him. He was married too — he juggled a lot of trysts. Must have had a miserable existence despite the bragging rights it provided him.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I knew two guys who played in the same band and fed me all of his “exploits”. The guy looked like a Greek god, tall, dark with long curly hair — it came very easy to him. He was married too — he juggled a lot of trysts. Must have had a miserable existence despite the bragging rights it provided him.

Makes sense, most satisfied and content people do not stray just for adding another notch to their tally,but never know, there are all sorts out there.

Reactions: Runner77

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Funny and sad at the same time,but why book a band that is not good in the first place? The bands at any weddings I've been have been nothing noteworthy but did their job. Actually kind of prefer a Dj that knows how to get things jumping.
They were supposed to be good, but our standards were higher; they never stood a chance. They did come back to finish two more sets and sounded a bit better. (or we were a bit drunker). :laugh:

DJ's as we know them today didn't exist back then.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
for me , Jake Evans has stood out for his play away from the puck. I haven’t noticed KK in a couple weeks

Listening to too much Genesis? his favorite song? @Runner77 might be able to confirm or deny it:dunno:

upload_2021-5-3_10-51-52.jpeg

Reactions: Habs

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Listening to too much Genesis? his favorite song? @Runner77 might be able to confirm or deny it:dunno:

View attachment 428985

Genesis post-Gabriel... ISHYGDDT.
Trick of the tail was decent, since it still had that prog vibe. Then, when Hackett left, it was the final nail.

Gabriel brought theatricality to the songs. He could transport you to a peculiar universe from his imagination because his voice, while limited, was able to transmit the emotions and mood he had in mind so well. He played characters and told tales. That's what made me love the band. For me, pop-era Genesis makes no sense. Just call the band something else. It wasn't bad, don't get me wrong, but it's not even the same style and themes from before, like if Metallica dropped an RnB album.

Phil Collins is a great artist. I like him. However, he is imo ten times the drummer than he is a singer. Probably a top-5 drummer of all-time. Listen carefully to his drums in Firth of fifth and The Cinema Show in SEBtP. It's pure, unadultered genius.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
WTF are you going about, gams. Gay Asian males?

oh you mean shapely legs. Is this the 30's? :laugh:

Yes legs! I could tell you stories about the others though:nod:

I honed my English speaking skills and tried to emulate my role model ,Inspector Frank Lugar

Taught me everything I need to know about dames,broads:thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad