OT: Music Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I was probably the guy that spilled beer on you:nod:

We were a large group that went and just before the border crossing I looked at a friend and asked him if the customs people still had dogs,he turned as white as a sheet:laugh:

No, I don't recall getting wet :laugh: , but then again I don't recall much from the 80's :help: .

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Horta! that's it,was close though:)

Punched up Horah, know it now.:thumbu: Been to a few Barmitzvah over the years. A lot of influences comes from the Mediterranean, long history.
My niece married into a traditional Jewish family, and their wedding was a lot like the video. A lot more fun than I've seen at weddings.

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
My niece married into a traditional Jewish family, and their wedding was a lot like the video. A lot more fun than I've seen at weddings.

Been to a bazillion weddings and some very diverse, learned you can never tell when a wedding will be fun or not. When you least expect it, it's a blast and vice versa. The saddest one was an Indian girl I had been seeing, and she was an absolutely stunning gorgeous and a great person, but had to marry who her parents told her to. During the reception we had a moment together and she was just in tears and so sad, it was heartbreaking. The husband was pleasant and polite, but f***! Don't know if I've ever seen anyone more hideous.

Reactions: Runner77

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Been to a bazillion weddings and some very diverse, learned you can never tell when a wedding will be fun or not. When you least expect it, it's a blast and vice versa. The saddest one was an Indian girl I had been seeing, and she was an absolutely stunning gorgeous and a great person, but had to marry who her parents told her to. During the reception we had a moment together and she was just in tears and so sad, it was heartbreaking. The husband was pleasant and polite, but f***! Don't know if I've ever seen anyone more hideous.
My first love was with a jewish girl from CSL. Had to pretend I was also, but being clueless and young, I mentioned Christmas in front of her parents and the jig was up. :laugh:

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
My first love was with a jewish girl from CSL. Had to pretend I was also, but being clueless and young, I mentioned Christmas in front of her parents and the jig was up. :laugh:

upload_2021-4-30_13-14-8.jpeg

Reactions: Runner77 and peate

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Another amusing wedding story. My older brother's getting married, so they plan to have a band. Himself being in a bar band up North for over 10 years, they often did wedding receptions. So this band goes on, plays a short set, was not very good and people were basically ignoring them. I joked to my brother that they should go on for a set since all his band was there.

They all laughed and said sure why not, maybe the band will let us use their gear. They agreed; a big mistake. You can imagine the rest. They blew the invited band away so thoroughly, the guys were pissed and stormed out.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Another amusing wedding story. My older brother's getting married, so they plan to have a band. Himself being in a bar band up North for over 10 years, they often did wedding receptions. So this band goes on, plays a short set, was not very good and people were basically ignoring them. I joked to my brother that they should go on for a set since all his band was there.

They all laughed and said sure why not, maybe the band will let us use their gear. They agreed; a big mistake. You can imagine the rest. They blew the invited band away so thoroughly, the guys were pissed and stormed out.

Funny and sad at the same time,but why book a band that is not good in the first place? The bands at any weddings I've been have been nothing noteworthy but did their job. Actually kind of prefer a Dj that knows how to get things jumping.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad