Music: Music News Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Would love to discuss music news with over folks, mods is this permitted? Feel free to delete if it’s not
I think a lot of that talk gets in more individualized genre threads if not gets their own, but no problem if this is what people want

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I wouldn't mind if there was a similar thread for entertainment news. A general thread for the business side and casting news for movies and tv shows.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'm very surprised how the new Beyonce album hasn't had much hype. It's out but there's not this big spotlight on it, at least not yet. Ditto for Lizzo. Her album's been out two weeks and not much.

I realize they may be charting but you can really tell how big an album is when you're getting groceries, at the gym, walking around in public. You take how big The Weeknd was the last few years as an example.

This has been a very odd year in music because the two biggest songs this summer are from 1985 and 1986 from that annoying Stranger Things resurgence, and the most critically acclaimed album (Mr. Morale) is having an early-2000s Pitchfork Media grassroots hype.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad