Confirmed with Link: Murray traded to NJ for 2021 5th round pick

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Kind of a bummer. Curious if Jarmo wanted to get a deal done ASAP, or if this was actually the best deal he got without taking back or retaining salary.

Reactions: Antawn

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Well one thing that is very obvious now with both Murray and Nuti gone is we can't afford to trade any more D. However, maybe we buy low on offense (Tampa?) like other teams bought low on our D.

Reactions: CharlotteJacket

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
In it to win it.
I like it.

Return seems bad on the surface, but a salary dump is a salary dump. Getting someone to eat his whole salary puts you in a bind anyways.

Liked Murray when healthy, but other than those 10 games a year, the 5th and cap space are more valuable.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Any other long timers remember trade deadline day years and years ago when we thought we were going to get Brad Richards and make a run to the playoffs but then he went to Dallas so we dumped Feds and Foote (hiss) and tanked the rest of the season instead? I’m trying to be optimistic but this also reminds me of that.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
That’s $14.2M under the cap not counting Dubinsky (5.8)

I;m not sure whee you got that number? Without factoring in Gav & PLD I see us with 20mm. I don't think we get both of them signed for 5.8mm.??

Edit:

Or did you actually include Dubi's 5.8? As I mentioned in other posts I just ignore his salary.If we're over he comes off, if we're under I guess his counts up to the cap. But for purposes of landing Hall or other big fish I think its ok to assume we will need to use all of his relief.

Reactions: CPTN71

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
1)sad to see Murray (and Nutivaara) go. Murray was one of my favorites. Not his fault he was always injured, just unfortunate. When he was healthy, for the most part, he was solid.

2)why to a divisional rival?? Weren't there other teams interested? Especially for the cost?

3)yeah our depth took a hit but he was a soon to be free agent next Summer. Maybe they had no plans of extending him. Might as well give Peeke some ice time asap. Maybe they have high hopes for Berni? Perhaps he's closer to the NHL then we think. Interesting if we lose Savard as well next off season.

4)man if Jarmo is giving away these players to free up space for a big move and he strikes out, yikes. I wonder when negotiating Domi's contract, Jarmo was like let's talk about your other client in Hall. Come up with a potential number. Ferris contacts Hall about the offer. He thinks about it and finally tells Ferris, yes. Ferris tells Jarmo today. Jarmo starts freeing up space for tomorrow.

5)I think it was from someone unreliable but some guy claimed Av's were signing Hall on a short term deal. Maybe the source thought Columbus = Col so he sent that guy a message, Hall signing with Col on a short term deal. Guy naturally assumes Col is Colorado and tweets out Colorado was signing Hall.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Any other long timers remember trade deadline day years and years ago when we thought we were going to get Brad Richards and make a run to the playoffs but then he went to Dallas so we dumped Feds and Foote (hiss) and tanked the rest of the season instead? I’m trying to be optimistic but this also reminds me of that.

Remember when we could have had the entire Islanders draft for Ryan?

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad