Murray and Jenner among those expected to have big seasons for Columbus Blue Jackets

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
How is Ryan Murray looking so far. Will he start putting up the points?

Probably not a good option for your fantasy team at this point. I wouldn't expect a lot of points, especially since he isn't getting any PP time.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
And what about Jenner? looks like he's off the top line. Is there any chance of him being sent down?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
sounds like Jenner will probably be sent down after the weekend...we're at 23 roster players...so room to play with...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
sounds like Jenner will probably be sent down after the weekend...we're at 23 roster players...so room to play with...

If this is true, it kind of makes me wonder if Richards really knows wtf he is doing. Two weeks ago the kid was a first liner, now after 3 games he's headed to the A?

Not saying he shouldn't be sent,it just seems a bit goofy to happen so soon. We find out Umbie & Foligno played on the "wrong" sides last year. Erixon is going to rot in the press box? I'm beginning to wonder.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
If this is true, it kind of makes me wonder if Richards really knows wtf he is doing. Two weeks ago the kid was a first liner, now after 3 games he's headed to the A?

Not saying he shouldn't be sent,it just seems a bit goofy to happen so soon. We find out Umbie & Foligno played on the "wrong" sides last year. Erixon is going to rot in the press box? I'm beginning to wonder.

well other then getting 15+ minutes a night...anything less isn't helping him...would make more sense to send him to Springy and let him get minutes and continue to battle there...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
well other then getting 15+ minutes a night...anything less isn't helping him...would make more sense to send him to Springy and let him get minutes and continue to battle there...

Not disagreeing with him being sent, the thing that gets me is one week he is first line material and then boom he's shipped out. Seems to me it should have been apparent that he wasn't ready sooner in the process-at least before he was proclaimed a 1st liner.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Not disagreeing with him being sent, the thing that gets me is one week he is first line material and then boom he's shipped out. Seems to me it should have been apparent that he wasn't ready sooner in the process-at least before he was proclaimed a 1st liner.

yeah it get it...i think the difference b/t preseason and regular season caught up to him and Richards took him off right away...if they try him again tomorrow or saturday so be it...and he may just deserve a shot to try again...but if they put him on the 4th line with Comeau and DMac, I think he's better off in Springy and being a call up midseason

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
It shows the difference between pre-season and regular season. How much faster the game is and what not.

Also one could argue Boone being on the 1st line is more due to his play style fitting what Richards wanted the LW playing with Dubi and Gabs to bring than actual ability.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
It shows the difference between pre-season and regular season. How much faster the game is and what not.

Also one could argue Boone being on the 1st line is more due to his play style fitting what Richards wanted the LW playing with Dubi and Gabs to bring than actual ability.

20 minutes of NHL ice time is hardly indicative of his abilities. Yes, a regular season game is different than a pre-season game. More to the point, however, is that we don't have good options for that top line LW.

There is a numbers game issue; which might get even worse in late December/January. At some point something is going to have to give; however with 13 forwards (14 when you factor in Horton) I'm not sure how critical it is yet. We're going to have a forward or two sitting up in the press box that may not deserve it when completely healthy. Not sure that is a big deal.

No matter what happens in the next week or two Jenner will be given ample opportunities in the NHL this season. He is very close to being a contributor at the top level; and not just at the defensive end.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013

The Erixon thing is what will bug me the most if he doesn't play soon. I'm more sympathetic to the coach trying things like putting Jenner on the top line. Experimentation is worth it even if it doesn't work most of the time.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

He had 1/2 of 1 period on that first line opening night and then Richards started line juggling. Way to give a fair shot.

Frank Gallagher

Guess who's back.
Apr 14, 2009
Pennsylvania
Pens fan first, but love the CBJ and keep an eye on them when possible. How has Boone Jenner looked in these first few games? I know he just scored two, but has he looked good on the way to this game?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Pens fan first, but love the CBJ and keep an eye on them when possible. How has Boone Jenner looked in these first few games? I know he just scored two, but has he looked good on the way to this game?

GQ material every time :sarcasm:

Seriously got a quick hook off the 1st line in game 1, sat one, then has been improving every game.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Whoops, thought this was the prediction thread.

Jenner has been improving every game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad