Murray and Jenner among those expected to have big seasons for Columbus Blue Jackets

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The 2013-14 season could be a potential preview of things to come for the Columbus Blue Jackets, as the organization has several prospects making their NHL debuts as well as prominent players returning to college, Europe, and the CHL. Most of Columbus' young talent has steadily improved and if that trend continues, the Blue Jackets will be a very dangerous young team.

Pro

Top Pro Prospect
Ryan Murray, D, Columbus Blue Jackets (NHL)/Springfield Falcons (AHL)

Ryan Murray's long awaited pre-season debut came against the Pittsburgh Penguins on September 15th and the defenseman stole the show with an overtime game winner.… read more

More...

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
will Murray make the team guys?

what do you expect from him this year. is he a big part of your team and powerplay??

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
will Murray make the team guys?

what do you expect from him this year. is he a big part of your team and powerplay??

Has made the team...

Expect him to play along side Wisniewski, with D time more evenly split this year, and be on the second PP unit.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
No, he'll be behind Wisniewski and Johnson, almost for sure. Fedor Tyutin is also a surprisingly decent powerplay player.

They also like Nikitin on the PP because of his shot. I think Murray will be eased into certain aspects of the pro level because of the depth we have. Really think we could have an elite defenseman on our hands in a few years because his development path now and in the future looks to be ideal.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
No, he'll be behind Wisniewski and Johnson, almost for sure. Fedor Tyutin is also a surprisingly decent powerplay player.

Absolutely. He's under-rated on the PP. Still, I'd like to see Murray play so well the coaches CAN'T keep him off the power play.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Absolutely. He's under-rated on the PP. Still, I'd like to see Murray play so well the coaches CAN'T keep him off the power play.

Although I agree, I wouldn't mind if he didn't get much pp time this year and focused more on even strength, 4 on 4s and PK. Kinda like the Johansen situation, let him play his defensive game and develop it to its max and slowly work on the offensive side.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Although I agree, I wouldn't mind if he didn't get much pp time this year and focused more on even strength, 4 on 4s and PK. Kinda like the Johansen situation, let him play his defensive game and develop it to its max and slowly work on the offensive side.

but not as slowly as Joey :sarcasm:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Jenner and Murray should make the team...and excel barring major injury, I expected this a few days after the last season ended...

The CBJ are a new team... I can't wait for it to begin...

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Even if he doesn't develop a "offensive side" but excels defensively and can become a top pairing on any team kinda guy I would be satisfied. Having said that, I do believe he will develop an offensive game, and a way better one than most give him credit for.
Jenner and Murray should make the team...and excel barring major injury, I expected this a few days after the last season ended...

The CBJ are a new team... I can't for it to begin...

Friday can't be here soon enough.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I loved Jenner's game this pre-season. He looked great no matter the strength of the oppositions line-up. And, damn, can he lay the hits on people.

Jenner is no Rick Nash, but because of the game he plays, I am going to like him a lot more.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Even if he doesn't develop a "offensive side" but excels defensively and can become a top pairing on any team kinda guy I would be satisfied. Having said that, I do believe he will develop an offensive game, and a way better one than most give him credit for.

The CBJ are a new team... I can't for it to begin...

Friday can't be here soon enough.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
I hope that whoever he plays with can put the puck in the net. I think that would help him develop his offensive side. If they revisit RJ-RJ-Feligno let's hope there is some kind of Renaissance for the other two. The CBJ need to roll three lines that can be some kind of scoring threat. Do not believe they are well served with a classic "checking" line. The league over all seems to be moving away from that model.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Send both to the AHL
Along with Johan!
Be the leaders down there.

Don't need them yet.
Just wait for Horton.
Has Juice rehab'd his shoulder yet?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Send both to the AHL
Along with Johan!
Be the leaders down there.

Don't need them yet.
Just wait for Horton.
Has Juice rehab'd his shoulder yet?

That post is either brilliantly executed sarcasm or one of the dumbest opinions I've read here in a long time.

I'm going with sarcasm. Bravo! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad