Confirmed with Link: Murray accepts qualifying offer

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Nice, still RFA after this, if it was 2 years he would have been UFA after that contract expired.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Good news that he is signed. The disturbing thing to me is that the team (apparently) wasn't willing to go longer term. That says to me they aren't yet sold on him as a longer term keeper.

Or maybe they offered a cheap longer term deal, somethin like 3 mill for 4 years and he said I'll take the one year prove it deal.

Either way it says to he is not a high priority.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
hmm. I wonder if this is a "I'll show you why I deserve a long term deal" or a fast track to UFA by accepting his QO this year and next.

Either way, we need him to have a big year.

Reactions: cslebn

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The club didn't want a long term deal, we know that. And though Murray would probably want one (it's financially foolish not to), I don't think he's super happy here. He's had rough luck to start his career and might want a fresh start elsewhere. He seemed surprised, and not happily surprised, that he wasn't traded last summer.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Wonder where all this "inside info" regarding Murray's contract offer came from.

Fully expect a "long term" contract signed next offseason or late in the year.

Interesting that when the team and other guys go the "normal" RFA route, its just the team and player exercising their rights, per the CBA. In this case, the team supposedly doesn't want to commit to him, he doesn't want the team to commit TO him, and he doesn't want to commit TO the team.

:help::huh::skeptic::thumbd::ha::speechles:whaaa?::pullhair:

As the self appointed CEO of the unofficial Ryan Murray fan club, I hope for a Murray-Jones pairing next year/going forward. Simply playing with Jones for a consistent/extended period of time would change the perception of him. I don't know what the "analytics" say but I guarantee that they would look significantly better with Jones in the picture more. Not only do I wish for this because of "selfish" reasons, but I think it would very possibly be quite beneficial to the team. Jones and Murray could handle a significant chunk of the "heavy" minutes while Werenski and Nutivaara or Kukan could be deployed in mainly offensive or "favorable" situations. Savard could "cover" for 1 of Nutivaara or Kukan on that 2nd/3rd pair and they could be tasked with a role of something in between the other 2.

I heard that Murray was spotted in a Saskatchewan 7-11, with a box of band-aids and a tube of Neosporin, so all of this "speculation" is classless at best and borders libel.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
The club didn't want a long term deal, we know that. And though Murray would probably want one (it's financially foolish not to), I don't think he's super happy here. He's had rough luck to start his career and might want a fresh start elsewhere. He seemed surprised, and not happily surprised, that he wasn't traded last summer.
Has anyone ever seen Murray happy? I don’t mean have you ever seen him smile. Has he ever struck you as a particularly excited, animated person? I haven’t seen it if so lol. I think he’s just fine where he is.

Reactions: major major

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
With this signing, the urgency of Panarin and Bob settlements just vanished.

I mean, have you ever seen this dude's heat charts? Flippin A awesome they are.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Interesting that when the team and other guys go the "normal" RFA route, its just the team and player exercising their rights, per the CBA. In this case, the team supposedly doesn't want to commit to him, he doesn't want the team to commit TO him, and he doesn't want to commit TO the team.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Reactions: db2011

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I want him to do well (better) so the perception of him changes and I can tell a "handful' of people here, "told ya so".

4 weeks ago I couldn't read tweets here. 2 weeks ago I could. As of a couple days ago its back to them not "loading"...

It's just a Portzline tweet confirming the team had no plans to talk to Murray about a long term deal for this negotiation.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
"Told team had no interest in talking long-term deal." - Porty's tweet.

So does this mean the Jackets had no interest or did Murray tell the Jackets he had no interest?

I'm not clear.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Makes sense on both sides. Glad to have him back next season. If he could stay healthy, I think he'll be valuable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->