Confirmed with Link: Multiple staff leave Leafs front office

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Shame about Namestnikov, KHL FAs would be useful to supplement a cap strapped contender.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Been posted and said in the Dubas thread for a couple days now.

Most of those were hires Hunter or Lamoriello appointed. The only one that has been here before them was Ladygin, who actually has been with the Leafs for a good decade or so.

I expect Hofford to leave and he will follow Hunter once July 15th hits. After that, I have no idea what to expect.

Reactions: SeaOfBlue

NothingButPING

Jun 26, 2015
The title seems like click bait. This has already been mentioned. Others above have already clarified. Nothing to see here.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
This was expected.

Dubas will want to pick his own staff.

And really, it's not even a big deal. Namestnikov has done a few things, but before him we hardly drafted Russian, which makes me question how successful Ladygin was. I can see the Leafs letting him go simply because he was not cutting it anymore.

The other guys were all buddies of Lou's who he brought in last year. I doubt they contibuted a significant amount, nor will be impossible to replace. After all, how much of an impact can they make for one year?

Reactions: Walshy7

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Only one that's disappointing is Namestnikov, since he was the one to lead us to Zaitsev, Ozhiganov and Soshnikov.

And Korshkov. Which at this point could be seen as a good or bad thing.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Ya our Russian scouting has been terrible. no surprise on some of those names.

We haven't picked players from Russia all that much in the past decade so the sample size is fairly low before this new front office. Between 2006 and 2014, the Leafs drafted ZERO players out of the Russian development system or the KHL. That's absurd.

Our US amateur scouting has been FAR worst. So many wasted picks. Bracco looks to be the best player drafted out of there since freaking Jimmy Hayes and Matt Frattin.

Reactions: JustAShadow

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
We haven't picked players from Russia all that much in the past decade so the sample size is fairly low before this new front office. Between 2006 and 2014, the Leafs drafted ZERO players out of the Russian development system or the KHL. That's absurd.

Our US amateur scouting has been FAR worst. So many wasted picks. Bracco looks to be the best player drafted out of there since freaking Jimmy Hayes and Matt Frattin.

no I agree, we haven't drafted well. I don't mind changing scouts until we start hitting on more non-1st round picks. we're not getting an adequate share of the talent there.

Reactions: IWD

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Only one that's disappointing is Namestnikov, since he was the one to lead us to Zaitsev, Ozhiganov and Soshnikov.

hmmm....not sure how disappointed I am if that's the resume

only scout we have that seems to stand out is Thommie Bergman, we seem to do better out of Sweden than anywhere else

Reactions: IWD

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
no I agree, we haven't drafted well. I don't mind changing scouts until we start hitting on more non-1st round picks. we're not getting an adequate share of the talent there.

Agreed. I hope our Swedish contingency can teach the rest of the scouting department a trick or two to finding talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad