print-icon.png
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
email-icon.png
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

CTVNews.ca Staff
Published Friday, April 6, 2018 9:11PM EDT
Last Updated Friday, April 6, 2018 9:46PM EDT
Multiple people are dead after a bus carrying a junior hockey team to a game in Saskatchewan collided with a transport truck on a rural highway, according to RCMP.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/multi...ing-saskatchewan-junior-hockey-team-1.3875235

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Really terrible...So many teams travel on buses all winter long in often white knuckle scary conditions. Just horrible for the kids and their families.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Absolutely gut wrenching sad. I really don't like it when kids get hurt. I wish everyone involved all the best and frankly anyone out there who has ever had to deal with anything bad happening to kids.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
14 are confirmed dead. 14 sent to hospital. 3 in critical condition.

This doesn’t feel real.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
apparently 14 fatalities,3 critical injuries, and 11 other injured. Just absolutely horrible news...i can't even imagine....so sad.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Just awful news. The number of people I knew that have played at that level really hits home for me. It could’ve been any one of them, and so young...

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Every single hockey article in the Ottawa sports pages these days is terrible. I'm going to stop reading the news for a while

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
The Ottawa Senators Hockey Club & Ottawa Senators Foundation donated $15,000 to the GoFundMe. In a sports landscape that's pretty dark these days, the public outpouring of love, support and compassion for those affected by this has been so touching.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
The Ottawa Senators Hockey Club & Ottawa Senators Foundation donated $15,000 to the GoFundMe. In a sports landscape that's pretty dark these days, the public outpouring of love, support and compassion for those affected by this has been so touching.

Think there up to something like 6-7 million already which is great, I saw a few signs posted around Ottawa yesterday and popped one of my sticks on the porch and made a small donation in support, proud that most in the country can come together and try and support and heal over a tragedy rather than try to profit off of or create an argument about etc...

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
That’s awesome. I also saw Dion Phaneuf donated 10K himself. Class act. Whenever these awful things happen it’s really amazing to see everyone come together.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
That’s awesome. I also saw Dion Phaneuf donated 10K himself. Class act. Whenever these awful things happen it’s really amazing to see everyone come together.

I noticed he also donated separately on behalf of his new child, seems like such a quality human being! That said the list is riddled with former and current players as well as other well known company's and individuals.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
This is such a big tragedy for sure. Thoughts are with all those affected. The support for that GoFundMe has been pretty good. Nice to see the team donated as did Phaneuf. My 1st employer, Canadian Tire, also donated a big amount. I'll be giving a small amount soon as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->