Multiple fatalities after truck collides with Canadian junior hockey team bus

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Multiple fatalities after truck collides with Canadian junior hockey team bus – Twin Cities

A crash between a transport truck and a bus carrying a junior hockey team in Western Canada left multiple people dead and others seriously injured, Canadian police said late Friday.
The bus was carrying the Humboldt Broncos of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League to the town of Nipawin for a playoff game. It collided with a transport truck.
“There have been multiple fatalities — our whole community is in shock,” said Kevin Garinger, president of the Humboldt Broncos of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police have not released how many people died or were injured in the crash. Garinger said parents from across Western Canada are rushing to the scene as they struggle to cope with the tragedy.
“It’s a horrible accident, my God,” said Darren Opp, president of the Nipawin Hawks hockey team. “It’s very, very bad.”
Opp said a semi T-boned the players’ bus, adding that the coaching staff and players from the Hawks are waiting to help.
“They are sitting in the church just waiting to hear any good news,” he said. “There’s uncles and moms and dads waiting to hear whether their sons and nephews are OK.”
Pastor Jordan Gadsby at the Apostolic Church in Nipawin said more than a hundred people gathered at the church. “Some of them are waiting to hear if their kids are alive.”
Gadsby said they know there are multiple fatalities, but they haven’t heard how many.
This is just a tragic situation.... :(

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Absolutely devastating to anyone involved with such a tragedy. Parents, friends, relatives, and fans... And the players that were lucky enough to be spared will never be the same......prayers to anyone involved....

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Condolences to the family's and friends affected by this tragedy! RIP young men.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
My heart just sank reading the thread title. No words to desrcibe the gravity of this tragedy for so many that have been affected.

CageRage

Aug 15, 2009
Many lives cut way too short. Families broken. What a terrible tragedy.

KasparsHipCheck

Feb 9, 2013
upstate ny
I say a prayer for strength and courage for the community of Humboldt. I pray for the parents, family, and friends of the young men who did not survive. I pray that they rest in peace, young men who chased their dream of a championship at a level of hockey where you play more for shear love of the game than anything else. I pray that the young men who survived have the courage to continue to live their lives with a fullness and purpose. Find a balance between living and honoring your sweet children and dear friends and honoring their legacy. Hold on to the memories that you do have and have the strength to move forward little by little and day by day. I think it would break my soul if something like this happened to the sweet child of mine in my life. It would take a lot of prayer. I pray for them with my whole heart and soul, today and in the difficult days and weeks ahead.

Reactions: go comets

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
9B4C5D1B-D4C9-44AB-89BD-38D899A415FE.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad