Multiple Canadian teams lobbying to make North Division permanent

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Can you imagine how many asterisks HFBoards would want to put on McDavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, and Marner’s career stats if they spent their careers in the North division?

The wail that arose from these boards would be like that scene from the Princess Bride movie where the dude lets out the cry of ultimate suffering.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Can you imagine how many asterisks HFBoards would want to put on McDavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, and Marner’s career stats if they spent their careers in the North division?

The wail that arose from these boards would be like that scene from the Princess Bride movie where the dude lets out the cry of ultimate suffering.

We don't need their opinions!

gVGqUjf.gif

Reactions: Goose

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
Wouldn't mind if it was 2 games everyone else then the rest among the division. Otherwise, back to normal would be best I think.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Just have the Canadian teams play each other more.
48 - Play the 24 teams outside of your division 2 times
28 - play the 7 other teams in your division 4 times

That's 76 games, have the other 6 as flexible games which for Canadian teams can be used to play the other Canadian teams.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I love the Canadian devision, exciting hockey vs other hockey crazy Canadian fans..........the normal schedule is kinda boring playing teams around the league occasionally only or zero times.......plus playing vs other Canadian teams & Canadian fans is just that much more exciting then vs American teams who you don't know as well and can't identify with as well bc they are located so far away in some situations. Just less passion/excitement playing vs American teams.

I would love to keep this setup, but I know it won't happen due to NHL revenue streams very dependent on Canadian teams. Oh well, it was nice this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad