Post-Game Talk: Muller saves his job with 3 PP goals! Evans, Suzuki and Fleury impress! Habs win 4-0 vs Sens

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Washington won with a 2004 1st overall 14 years later.
Pittsburgh won with 2 1st overall+2 2nd overall 3 years after their last top 2 pick.
Chicago won their first cup 3 years after Kane.

If our prospects all boom like the ones on these teams did, we may have a chance. The majority of the 1st overall don't turn the team around.
1st overall or high pick usually do turn team around but winning the cup is a other story also not every 1st overall are equal...

Reactions: S Bah

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So... Lehkonen-Domi-Gallagher were very good together
Tatar-Danault-Suzuki were excellent aswell.

That leaves us with Drouin-KK-Weal and then Hudon-Cousins-Armia ? Byron takes hudon’s spot when he comes back.

Current line up expected :
Lehkonen-Domi-Gallagher
Tatar-Dumb player-Suzuki
Drouin-KK-Weal
Byron-Cousins-Armia
Hudon/Thompson

Mete-Weber
Chiarot-Petry
Kulak-Fleury
Folin

Drouin-KK-Weal looks infinitely better offensively than Drouin-KK-Armia. But I doubt CJ trusts it defensively.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
He didnt though. He did exactly what I said hed do. Play 13 minutes a night and produce 30 points. Its crazy how right Ive been so far on Kotkaniemi. Its like Im actually writing the book.
then just change your story and write that he's playing 20 minutes and gets 80 points .Crazy all the stuffs we need to explain here :banghead:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
This is lazy. So lazy. I can assure you that a lot of people on this board have understanding of hockey that rivals actual pros.
Thank you . I would like to return the compliment but ... well , i can't

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Evans & Peca showed remarkable chemistry during the game, Evans has a nose for the puck and where to be next(Vision) NHL quality IMHO!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:Getting set for the Jets/Flames game, talk is Galchenyuk with Rust on Malkin's line.(Watched the Pittburgh/Detroit game earlier.) Seider looks like a steal for Yzerman/Wings.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
I can’t respond to the comment in the other thread but for the person saying we expect more from a 3rd overall pick (KK) wouldn’t be faire to him, i mean he’s playing what 14min only during 5v5 with 3rd liners so yeah don’t expect him to go end to end every shift a la mcdavid, it’s not gonna happen AND he’s the youngest guy on the squad btw, it feels like a lot of people forget that
Does guy who said that watch our other player who was 3rd overall? Probably doesn’t seem him much cuz the camera follows the puck and he’s nowhere near it.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
You are one of the very few who are frustrated with it. Most people realize Danault has limitations in a top C role.

Top line centers generally don't play under 18 minutes a game... you make it sound like they're giving him 25 minutes and masses of powerplay time.

I can realize he has limitations while also understanding that he isn't playing a role he isn't suited for, which also happens to NOT be a top C role. I can also understand that he's clearly either a great third line center or a good second line center, but don't see why we need to plug two really young guys in his stead right now.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Top line centers generally don't play under 18 minutes a game... you make it sound like they're giving him 25 minutes and masses of powerplay time.

I can realize he has limitations while also understanding that he isn't playing a role he isn't suited for, which also happens to NOT be a top C role. I can also understand that he's clearly either a great third line center or a good second line center, but don't see why we need to plug two really young guys in his stead right now.

We don't and we aren't. They will obviously need to take the mantle from him. He is actually our Top C as he gets the best line mates and toughest match ups. As for his TOI it is only because of his lack of PP time and he does vary from game to game anywhere from 14 minutes to 20 minutes. We had the same argument about Pleks who was also our top C. A quick look at his and Domi's game logs show a distinct preference to Danault in terms of TOI down the stretch. While Domi was getting more minutes earlier in the season. Much to do with CJ's trust in him no doubt but the strategy didn't really pay off.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaP

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Just because those executives have the job it certainly doesn't mean they deserve them. There are incompetents in all walks of life. Every large organization has them. In most cases they are good at maintaining relationships with people with power. That doesn't necessarily make them good at their jobs.

And let's not forget that the owner himself doesn't seem to be particularly knowledgeable about the game either. This is a guy who re-upped with his GM on a five year deal TWO YEARS before his current one expired. That is absolutely ridiculous.

The sad fact of the matter is that there are several posters on this site who probably would've done a better job than our current mgmt has. If nothing else they wouldn't have been stupid enough to hire Therrien as coach.... let alone keep him around as long as MB did.

The one thing MB has demonstrated is an ability to sucker an owner into giving him a long undeserved extension.
You might want to go read up on the Dunning Kruger effect.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

A top line center plays on the team top line and gets the most minutes.

Who the best LW? Oh, Tatar? Damn.
Whos the best RW? Oh, Gally? Hot diggity were onto something.
Who plays the most minutes DRUM ROLL .... Phil the not so thrilling Danault!

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
A top line center plays on the team top line and gets the most minutes.

Who the best LW? Oh, Tatar? Damn.
Whos the best RW? Oh, Gally? Hot diggity were onto something.
Who plays the most minutes DRUM ROLL .... Phil the not so thrilling Danault!
Toi/GP
Danault 17:47
Domi 17:23

In election polling, they call that a statistical tie. Also, considering that last year Danault and Domi were the best centers we had, it's pretty hard to argue with the usage. Let's see what CJ does this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->