Value of: Much Needed Grit to the Big Apple

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I'm not sure why Josh Anderson is in the conversation. He fights but that is the LAST thing we want from him.

As for the price of acquisition....forget any protected list. It will cost at least Laffy and more on top. Don't like it? Look elsewhere....

Ah...too expensive? Too bad. Not sure about all the whining. If you want Anderson, that's the kings ransom. If you don't....don't care.

59smxr.gif

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Huh? I'm not asking for a first-line guy. I'm asking for a third-liner who can add some offense and mix it up. That's not warranting anyone on my untouchable list. And besides, we have one of the deepest prospect pools in the NHL and a few young players (like Chytil) we'd be willing to trade for the right player/s.

Sorry if I don't think Kakko or Laf should be available for a Milan Lucic-esque player...

You dont get it. This isnt EA Sports. In the real world Evander Kane or Tkachuk or Anderson have value

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
30 players drafted within a year of Chytil played at least 20 games and put up at least .5 pts/game this season.

You didn’t answer my question. How many players younger than Chytil are .5PPG or better? We are only talking about 2018, 3019, or 2020 draft eligibles, considering Chytil was born very close to being a 2018 draft eligible. And how many of those players have played a substantial amount of games, as opposed to a sample of 3 or 4 games.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
You didn’t answer my question. How many players younger than Chytil are .5PPG or better? We are only talking about 2018, 3019, or 2020 draft eligibles, considering Chytil was born very close to being a 2018 draft eligible. And how many of those players have played a substantial amount of games, as opposed to a sample of 3 or 4 games.
My bad, I thought you were trying to confirm if he was a blue chip guy compared to young players of comparable ages. Didn't realize you only were willing to compare to players younger than him. Seems like you're trying to cherry pick stats here, but the answer is 8 players drafted 2018 and later put up over .5 pts/game this season and played at least 20 games.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Ah...too expensive? Too bad. Not sure about all the whining. If you want Anderson, that's the kings ransom. If you don't....don't care.
Definitely don’t want, there are better options that are more suited for the rangers needs. Guys like Goodrow, Coleman, Copp Hyman, etc. Anderson plays a more similar game to kreider rather then Wilson. I don’t think the rangers would be interested in him considering their depth at wing. The price of LaF for him is just silly even if they were.
Just say he has more value to the habs then what any team would be willing to trade

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That’s the rub. If they want him at 2c they have to play him there with most likely panarin and Kakko. If they are planning on leaving him at 3c I rather he be dealt for an upgrade. Another year as a 3rd liner with little minutes isn’t going to be good for him or the rangers. If they want a 3 c go freaking get 1. Andrew Copp Barclay Goodrow or in house with Barron. Players have to start playing in their roles to thrive

We have dif preferences
I hold to my Krav as pivot w/Kakko + Panarin
I reiterate LaF + Chytil + Gauthier is an effective combo as well

I think we have to consider thus:
either we sell high on Strome/Buch/Zib
or we don't.
If we don't imo that's a mistake for reasons I don't want to get into now.

But the point is, you need Chytil still on the roster to fill 2C if you go there.

So to me, it's academic even tho I prefer keeping Chytil [like him as a player]

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Put in an offer to brady tkachuk for 11-12m. Sens wont match because his salary will become the new base line for everyone else on that team.
Or trade for his brother

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
The problem is everyone else in the league has one or wants one. Guys like Foligno/Anderson are moved because their teams are dumb. You could probably try prying Wood free.

Davenport

Dec 4, 2020
Toronto
You don't deal with Tom Wilson by employing someone like Ross Johnston to chase him around the rink. You acquire a cheap-shot artist and make it very clear that any nonsense by Wilson will lead to this cheap-shot artist targeting the important Capitals. Those Caps and the coaches will put pressure on Wilson to knock off the nonsense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad