Value of: Much Needed Grit to the Big Apple

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Well, we just saw that POS Tom Wilson own Buch, Panarin and Strome. Enough is enough. We need to get a lot more gritty and a lot more hard to play against.

Basically, I want my own Tom Wilson, Matt Martin or Brad Marchand. I'm not looking for just a goon...ideally, this player would add some offense and hockey skill.

Untouchables:

Laf
Kakko
Fox
K'Andre
Kravtsov
Panarin
Zibanejad
Igor

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
So NYR want to get a good PF with a scoring touch, and grit, but won't trade any of their good young players... sounds about right

Bucj and Strome aren't worth that much. Both of them will be asking for north of 6/7M a season after career years that they prob won't be able to repeat when not leaching of Panarin... aint happening

Reactions: Duffman955 and Crow

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
So NYR want to get a good PF with a scoring touch, and grit, but won't trade any of their good young players... sounds about right

Bucj and Strome aren't worth that much. Both of them will be asking for north of 6/7M a season after career years that they prob won't be able to repeat when not leaching of Panarin... aint happening

Huh? I'm not asking for a first-line guy. I'm asking for a third-liner who can add some offense and mix it up. That's not warranting anyone on my untouchable list. And besides, we have one of the deepest prospect pools in the NHL and a few young players (like Chytil) we'd be willing to trade for the right player/s.

Sorry if I don't think Kakko or Laf should be available for a Milan Lucic-esque player...

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Huh? I'm not asking for a first-line guy. I'm asking for a third-liner who can add some offense and mix it up. That's not warranting anyone on my untouchable list. And besides, we have one of the deepest prospect pools in the NHL and a few young players (like Chytil) we'd be willing to trade for the right player/s.

Sorry if I don't think Kakko or Laf should be available for a Milan Lucic-esque player...
Chytil? You mean the guy who's looking more and more like he'll either carve out as a 3rd liner / fringe top9 player?

You asked for a Wilson / Marchand type of player, and try to dump fitur 7M$ guys, or a good, but underachieving prospect like Chytil...

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Chytil? You mean the guy who's looking more and more like he'll either carve out as a 3rd liner / fringe top9 player?

You asked for a Wilson / Marchand type of player, and try to dump fitur 7M$ guys, or a good, but underachieving prospect like Chytil...

LOL. Are you serious? So hypothetically speaking, you wouldn't trade Ryan Reaves for Filip Chytil? C'mon. I know Reaves got a first rounder, but c'mon now.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
LOL, read my most recent post. Don't be ridiculous.

Ahh, I'm sorry that I didn't understand you were asking for a 3rd line guy when you said, "I want my own Brad Marchand".

I don't know of many third liners who average 1.2 PPG over the last 5 years.

Reactions: MisterT

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
LOL. Are you serious? So hypothetically speaking, you wouldn't trade Ryan Reaves for Filip Chytil? C'mon. I know Reaves got a first rounder, but c'mon now.
Ryan Reaves brings a 20-30pts to the table, + that physicalitty / presence on the ice.

Chytil brings the same production, but not toughness and hasn't shown progression offensively for 2 years now... so yah, come playoff time, Reaves >>>> Chytil

Reactions: Dirk316

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

wrong as is frequently the case

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Ahh, I'm sorry that I didn't understand you were asking for a 3rd line guy when you said, "I want my own Brad Marchand".

I don't know of many third liners who average 1.2 PPG over the last 5 years.

I mean there's only one Brad Marchand...I'm looking for a Brad Marchand-type. A Brad Marchand-lite, if you will. A guy who will get under the skin of other players while contributing a bit offensively. Not a total goon.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I mean there's only one Brad Marchand...I'm looking for a Brad Marchand-type. A Brad Marchand-lite, if you will. A guy who will get under the skin of other players while contributing a bit offensively. Not a total goon.

I mean, the difference between Marchand and a 3rd liner is wayyyyyy bigger than "Brad Marchand Lite" lol. I'd call either of the Tkachuk's Brad Marchand-lite or even Tyler Bertuzzi, and all three would take more than something like Chytil to acquire.

But yeah, a true third line grit guy who can put up 30-40 could be had for one of NYR's lesser pieces... It's just confusing when you invoke Brad Marchand's name lol.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I mean, the difference between Marchand and a 3rd liner is wayyyyyy bigger than "Brad Marchand Lite" lol. I'd call either of the Tkachuk's Brad Marchand-lite or even Tyler Bertuzzi, and all three would take more than something like Chytil to acquire.

But yeah, a true third line grit guy who can put up 30-40 could be had for one of NYR's lesser pieces... It's just confusing when you invoke Brad Marchand's name lol.

Fair enough. My bad.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
"I want a player with grit who can score, and half my roster is untouchables."

This reminds me of a Daniel Tosh skit. "My must-haves are ocean views... My budget is $250K."
this. Everyone wants a talented player with grit. I dont want my team to overpay for that.

You only find these guys in the draft or rarely in FA, but by then they have a ton of miles on them. No one is going to pay the price for someone like Marchand, he is just far too valuable to the bruins.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Big 6’6 235lbs Nikita Zadorov could be available for trade if Chicago can’t come to terms on a new contract (RFA*) this summer.

Or big mountain of a man 6’7 255lbs UFA Jamie Oleksiak could also be a welcome addition if he hits the market in free agency.

The Rangers could use a 3rd pairing defenseman that could stand Tom Wilson up on the blueline, or beat the shit out of him.

Rangers should add RW Ross Johnston from the Islanders, C Jordan Greenway from Minny, LW Nick Deslauriers from Anaheim, RD Nikita Zadorov from Chicago and LD Jamie Oleksiak from Dallas via UFA. To matchup against Wilson and send a message.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->