Pre-Game Talk: MTL vs TOR | 8:00pm EST Tomorrow

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
We can say what we want , but the leafs are a way better team. Our only chance to win is by outplaying them physically, while avoiding the penalty box and being really tight defensively. It will be true during the playoffs also . Again, we are not a top dog team. We have to pray the lord to get goals, damn. It’s the same story since 15 years !!!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
People refer to the Leafs as high flying, but this edition just feels different.

They look much more structured defensively this year, and they have added the sandpaper they needed to make the group harder to play against.

To me, it's about two things for Toronto. 1) Can they get the goaltending. 2) can they overcome any pre-existing mental hurdles if they get in a tight series.

I feel like they are still portrayed like the leafs teams of the past, but I have seen an evoloution this year in their structure.

I'd probably prefer the oilers most, followed by the jets, and then the leafs.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
If Matthews gets banged up in playoffs the Leafs would fall apart.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Kind of funny how he & Suzuki are at opposite ends, with Suzuki being fun.

I thought it was interesting that while both are C, KK was the best defensive player on his line while Suzuki was the worst. I think having Toffoli was a big help while everyone on KKs line had the same offensive impact. DD should probably switch Perry for Caufield and Lehkonen for Armia. Armia and Evans should go well together even with Staal

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
People refer to the Leafs as high flying, but this edition just feels different.

They look much more structured defensively this year, and they have added the sandpaper they needed to make the group harder to play against.

To me, it's about two things for Toronto. 1) Can they get the goaltending. 2) can they overcome any pre-existing mental hurdles if they get in a tight series.

I feel like they are still portrayed like the leafs teams of the past, but I have seen an evoloution this year in their structure.

I'd probably prefer the oilers most, followed by the jets, and then the leafs.
They have the best defence in the North. They are a true contender to cone out of our division.
They also havent faced any adversity this season , so we don’t know yet how they handle the pressure.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
You guys are hilarious. I suspect you are all in for a rough ride the next few years, we will be the Leaf's biotch. The proverbial can that there fans kick down the road. :laugh:

Reactions: the

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
I thought I hated leafs until we had to play the oilers and interact with their fans this year. I now like the leafs and their fan base in comparison.
My wife and her whole family cheers for the oilers. My brothers and uncles and cousins are all leaf fans. Imma just say, both suck ball sacks.

Reactions: Doc5 and FloJack

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If we win or lose 3-2 or something I'll feel better about making the playoffs, a punchers chance is all we could ask for

But if we lose 4-0 or 5-1 and get throttled... god damn it , might not even watch the series

Cant believe they're letting bergevin off the hook like this lol

Reactions: McGees

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
If we win or lose 3-2 or something I'll feel better about making the playoffs, a punchers chance is all we could ask for

But if we lose 4-0 or 5-1 and get throttled... god damn it , might not even watch the series

Cant believe they're letting bergevin off the hook like this lol
When have they ever played well after a long western trip? And they just played 3 games in 4 days.
I won’t read too much into it if they lose.

Reactions: dnl4ever

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
The Habs are a bad matchup for the Leafs 'if' Montreal stays out of the box. Top 3 for the Leafs are sissies, play like sissies.

Matthews is a heck of a player though.

111637881.jpg

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I predict we win 5-4 , either way lots of goals scored on both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad