Proposal: Mtl-van

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I like picks so I'd do your 1st and Chicago's 2nd for Edler.

If Montreal doesn't want to give up that first then I'd want back Juulsen or De La Rose + Montreal's 2nd.

Prospect and a pick sounds more enticing to me than two picks. I'd give up DLR+2nd for sure, not sure about Juulsen.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
A 2/3 D at $5m/season is a bargain.

There is no "both ways."

Relative to salary, it's cut and dried.

If he's injured, his team gets cap relief. If he's playing, he's a 2/3 D at $5m/season.

Cap relief, I guess but only if he's on LTIR. And if that's your plan you just made him less valueable. it's not like they can use that money to replace him when he's out for 20-30 games through out the season. It's 5 million against the cap all season long if he's on your team if he's hurt or not.

If the Canucks can get rid of him for the cap space alone it's a good deal to them never mind the 2nd and a plus considering the state of this team. Stan Bowman loves trading away good young assets for cap space.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Cap relief, I guess but only if he's on LTIR. And if that's your plan you just made him less valueable. it's not like they can use that money to replace him when he's out for 20-30 games through out the season. It's 5 million against the cap all season long if he's on your team if he's hurt or not.

If the Canucks can get rid of him for the cap space alone it's a good deal to them never mind the 2nd and a plus considering the state of this team. Stan Bowman loves trading away good young assets for cap space.

I was replying to a poster who said Edler was bad value at $5m/season.

I haven't once stated what I think his trade value is (much higher than you do, clearly), so I'm not sure why you keep replying to me about it.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Elder is not our guy. We need a top 4 left D with a more offensive acumen. Defensively were solid with weber Alzner Petry benn and sclemko. They all move the puck better than they are given credit for to because they all have size and are not nervous of being hit. Jerablak may have it and streit is a temporary insurance. Something like a leddy or muzzin type. They'd be expensive to acquire but I think bergevin will find him . I'd go out on a limb here and say that brook will be one of the top 2 steals of this draft. Him and that Swedish kid the leafs got in the first round.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Edler is terrible, and that's when he can actually make it to the ice. And spare me the minute munching nonsense. Anyone can munch minutes in a terrible team and not be productive.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Elder is not our guy. We need a top 4 left D with a more offensive acumen. Defensively were solid with weber Alzner Petry benn and sclemko. They all move the puck better than they are given credit for to because they all have size and are not nervous of being hit. Jerablak may have it and streit is a temporary insurance. Something like a leddy or muzzin type. They'd be expensive to acquire but I think bergevin will find him . I'd go out on a limb here and say that brook will be one of the top 2 steals of this draft. Him and that Swedish kid the leafs got in the first round.

Edler has been offensively productive in the past, and I feel Weber could boost him. The point is, he would be an adequate replacement for Markov and we wouldn't need to give up any currently valuable assets for him like we would for Muzzin or Leddy. Also, I like Brook too but you seriously wouldn't swap him for Edler? Our RD looks good for years to come even without him.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Edler has been offensively productive in the past, and I feel Weber could boost him. The point is, he would be an adequate replacement for Markov and we wouldn't need to give up any currently valuable assets for him like we would for Muzzin or Leddy. Also, I like Brook too but you seriously wouldn't swap him for Edler? Our RD looks good for years to come even without him.

Althought of the 3, Leddy is the best and surely the better fit for Weber, i agree with the fact Edler wouldn't cost any top 6 forward to acquire makes him the best target for now.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Edler is terrible, and that's when he can actually make it to the ice. And spare me the minute munching nonsense. Anyone can munch minutes in a terrible team and not be productive.

Why don't you back this baseless statement up first? What makes him terrible? How many games have you watched him play over the past two years?

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
As a Habs fan, I like the idea of Edler. Haven't watched him much recently but as long as his skating and puck moving is still at a high level I think he's exactly what the doctor ordered - a reliable vet d man who can step in right away and play mins, and shouldn't cost a ton.

I think a 2nd or 2nd + another pick + a b level prospect makes sense. As mentioned, Habs don't need to give back salary but if the Canucks want a warm body with some upside I think Davidson makes a lot of sense.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
As a Habs fan, I like the idea of Edler. Haven't watched him much recently but as long as his skating and puck moving is still at a high level I think he's exactly what the doctor ordered - a reliable vet d man who can step in right away and play mins, and shouldn't cost a ton.

I think a 2nd or 2nd + another pick + a b level prospect makes sense. As mentioned, Habs don't need to give back salary but if the Canucks want a warm body with some upside I think Davidson makes a lot of sense.

I'm willing to give up Davidson if the Canucks want him in return. With Edler, Alzner, Benn, Schlemko, Jerabek and Streit we would be overloaded with LHD anyway.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Brook and a first is still what I think we'd need to move him. Montreal keeps their roster intact, we get some decent futures, but NMC, NMC, NMC and NMC as to why it won't happen.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
not to highjack your post but was their much truth to the rumour of calgary being interested in galchenyuk ? galchenyuk plus plus for brodie. more offensive defenseman than edler plus greater mobility. brodie would be awesome with weber covering for him.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad