Pre-Game Talk: MTL @ TBL | Sat. Dec. 28th 2019, 7PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs continuing their road trip to TAM, FLA and closing off the year in CAR on Dec. 31st.

Habs back at practice this morning.

KK skating with no restrictions.

Armia absent from practice, no news on his status yet.

And here he is, in a triumphant return to ... right wing!

Kk2yy4I.gif

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Byron also absent from this morning's skate. Drouin looks like he's doing better since he's no longer wearing a protector on his forearm.

Vejdemo remains an odd man out.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Cayden Primeau skating with the Rocket this morning, which according to Rocket play by play guy Marcotte, that he's not likely to join the Habs on their road trip. He believes Price will get both Florida starts but that's just his opinion.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Good news that all injured players should be back within a month. Getting from here to there in a playoff position is the problem...

Reactions: Archijerej

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Good news that all injured players should be back within a month. Getting from here to there in a playoff position is the problem...
Ya. This next month will decide the season. Losing Armia is huge. Without Drouin he’s been a primary producer for us. Unless Domi and Suzuki find quick chemistry our secondary scoring could disappear completely.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Armia week to week is the biggest injury of the season so far. He brings a dimension that the habs simply do not have otherwise.

The other bad thing is that week to week types of prognostications typically seem to mean several weeks rather than 1-2 weeks, and given that the habs are about to enter a 5 games in 7 day stretch, hes going to miss alot of games, even if he comes back in a week or two.

This really sucks.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Armia week to week is the biggest injury of the season so far. He brings a dimension that the habs simply do not have otherwise.

The other bad thing is that week to week types of prognostications typically seem to mean several weeks rather than 1-2 weeks, and given that the habs are about to enter a 5 games in 7 day stretch, hes going to miss alot of games, even if he comes back in a week or two.

This really sucks.

13 games in 22 days, actually. That's a pretty crazy stretch.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Losing Armia will definitely hurt. Only big guy in the lineup. A unique player. Lineup is getting worse and worse

We'll see how things go this weekend, I guess.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I honestly never checked the standings this year but I thought Habs WERE in the playoffs position...

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I honestly never checked the standings this year but I thought Habs WERE in the playoffs position...

They are. They're 3rd in the division. But, it's tight. If Buffalo beats Boston tonight, they're out by 1 point and Sabres are in, although Habs will hold 2 games in hand on Sabres.

Fla is 1 pt behind Habs with a game in hand. TB 2 pts back with 2 games in hand.

It's a big weekend back to back.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
They are. They're 3rd in the division. But, it's tight. If Buffalo beats Boston tonight, they're out by 1 point and Sabres are in, although Habs will hold 2 games in hand on Sabres.

Fla is 1 pt behind Habs with a game in hand. TB 2 pts back with 2 games in hand.

It's a big weekend back to back.

Although the division looks like the easier route, you have to think at some point, tampa gets their act together, and join boston as a divisional seed, and the leafs as well. They've actually been making a move since the coaching change, as teams often do.

That leaves the WC spot, where habs are clearly behind, and the WC bar is actually even higher than last year right now. The habs are also pacing below their own mark from last year as it stands.

There were a couple things that had to happen IMO for the habs to enter playoffs this year. The isles and jackets had to take a step back. The jackets have done so, but the isles are still rolling. Not only that, but the flyers have also roared into the picture with a new coaching staff.

So, who exactly are the habs taking out in order to get a spot? I just don't see it.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So after 8 years Bergevin built a team that when Joel Armia goes down it's considered disastrous for the team. Good job!

Reactions: Maliki2

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
So after 8 years Bergevin built a team that when Joel Armia goes down it's considered disastrous for the team. Good job!
It's the 4th major injury to a top 9 foward this year, that's a lot. If only Armia was injured it wouldn't be a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad