Confirmed Trade: [MTL/TBL] Jonathan Drouin + cond. 2018 6th for Mikhail Sergachev + cond. 2018 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
I believe if Galchenyuk gets traded itll be for a C.. hopefully a better one. but im not a fan of that
Who has a C who's better than Galchenyuk and ready to give him up? Maybe with some heavy sweeteners. Won't be easy. And will it be worth it for the Canadiens?

pacioretty galchenyuk Radu

Drouin -center- Gallagher seems like a more than decent top 6 to me.
You can't have Galchenyuk and the new center if you make a trade.
If you keep Galch., how do you get the new C?
And Radulov is a UFA.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
Weber's play is decreasing according to many people.
Benn and Davidson are 3rd pairing D.
Markov is 38, semi-incredible, and a free agent.
I mentioned Juulsen & Mete and asked if the Canadiens believe that they're so good that Sergachev is expendable.
Who's Lernout?

That's why I asked what does the future look like?

I won't address all your points but to say Weber's play is decreasing is a stretch. 17 goals and 25 assists is not at all bad for a D.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
I won't address all your points but to say Weber's play is decreasing is a stretch. 17 goals and 25 assists is not at all bad for a D.

Only saying what I read. Not an expert on Eastern teams. Maybe those people have indeed no clue, but offense isn't everything.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Weber's play is decreasing according to many people.
Benn and Davidson are 3rd pairing D.
Markov is 38, semi-incredible, and a free agent.
I mentioned Juulsen & Mete and asked if the Canadiens believe that they're so good that Sergachev is expendable.
Who's Lernout?

That's why I asked what does the future look like?

at least u indirectly admit to not knowing nothing about the habs

Weber's play has not decreases, like, at all. He was a beast esp in the playoffs.
Benn and Davidson - Agreed but who cares they are not part of the core. Davidson wont play more than 20 games,
Markov is incredible despite his age. Dont let his age trick you. He was for many games, including the playoffs, our best and most dominant D this past season.

Juulse and Mete didnt make Sergs expadable cuz sergs was a beast of a prospect. But those two have very bright futures in their respective roles. Mete is the real deal. The kid is special.
Lernout is a d prospect who has impresses the habs management as well as the fans by his combination of size and impressive skating ability. Hes gonna be a solid bottom pairing Dman.

What does the future look like? Drouin, Chucky, Gally, Lehks, Danault, Mete, Beaulieu, Juulsen, Lindgren all under the age of 25. Combined that with Pacs, Rads, Weber, Price, Petry, Markov and so on, things are looking great if we can add a legit top 6 Center to compliment Drouin/chucky as well as a top 4 D to play with Weber

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
I wonder how much the desire of Tampa to deal a protected player to free up a spot to protect someone and Montreal's willingness to add the burder of protecting another (possibly costing them someone like Plekanec, who still has value) factored into the trade. This trade probably looks A LOT different the day after the draft, and probably a lot more bidders involved.

Given what people all assumed before about Drouin's return before this and also assuming Yzerman turned down a lot of decent deals possibly even for more value back during Drouin's clash with management, I have to think this expansion draft was a significant factor in Bergevin able to get him out at relatively low cost for a 22 year old proven talent and high upside.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Montreal has no center but they have an impressive group of winger (if Radulov resigns)

Pacioretty---Radulov
Drouin---Gallagher
Galchenyuk---Lekhonen
Byron---Shaw

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Drouin proved he could play in the NHL, not Serge. Since Price, Weber and Pacioretty are not getting any younger, Bergevin took the right bet on a young guy with sky high potential that can provide offense now. Once the core has aged, the time for rebuild will come.

As for Serge, he's promising but I've seen plenty of player of his caliber fail and never succeed in the NHL. Time will tell, but I like it for Montreal's perspective.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Good move by the Habs on this one. They needed to do something, there's just no way they will be keeping up with the firepower of the Leafs, Tampa and Buffalo in the next few years without making this trade.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Drouin wore a #72 jersey with his name on it yesterday for the Press Conference and the team said he'll be wearing that number - it's the number he wore for the Young North America team in the World Cup this summer as well.

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:a3aa8e863ecd41d88288cc663ebec5ad-4Nb9l7W3r1ba33c6463f77a6fb00-897_634x422.jpg

Drouin himself said on Montreal Radio 91.9 that he will not be wearing 72 next season, and that he has yet to decide which number he will wear. If the team really did confirm that he will be wearing that number, then there is definitely conflicting reports here.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
A move like this probably should have happened earlier. You already have a great goalie, whats the point of focusing on defense and then not being able to score? Focus on offense and let your goalie bail you out.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
So much for that center for the Habs.

Drouin will be tested at Center according to Bergevin

From Mynhltraderumors.com

The Canadiens will look at playing Drouin at center.

“There’s no doubt we looked at that closely,” said Bergevin about the prospect of Drouin playing in the middle. “At the end of the day, Claude will sit down with Jonathan and a decision will be made on what is best for the organization. But we definitely took that into consideration.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad