Proposal: MTL/STL

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
100% BS. Thomas, Dunn, 2019 1st would be a ridiculous ask. If I said that, you would have a leg to stand on. However, that is not what I am saying and you are way off the rails. You want to make fun... two can play that game. Just remember, you started the BS
Dude you wrote it I your previous post I qouted
Our needs are LD and Center. Some Habs fans say our LD needs are bigger than Center at the moment. After Mete, it's not great. On the RD side, we have Weber, Petry, Juulsen, Brook. Our LD side is terrible. Mete, Alzner, Benn, Jerabek. We don't have much in the prospect pool either. Dunn fits.

Dunn, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd is a deal I would make but not sure about other Habs fans and our GM who is unpredictable. I would personally go after a bigger fish (Thomas) but it remains to be seen if any GM is willing to cough it up. Time will tell from now till trade deadline and supply/demand always sets the price
Sorry this is a no go
Dunn is worth more to the blues than patches. We are not trading him for patches. Sorry bra

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I just don’t see the blues making that deal. That is to much to give for patches with the saturation of the lh lw market. Hoffman and Kane would be cheaper.

Kane would be cheaper because he is a pending UFA. However, don't expect to get him if you are not coughing up a 1st round pick and another piece. Blues are a disadvantaged because they don't have a 2018 1st and the Sabres would prefer a 1st in the next draft I would imagine.

Hoffman would not be cheaper. He is age 28 and signed for 3 years. You would have to pay the Sens for 3 years of Hoffman. That is one more year vs Patch.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Try debating in good faith and avoid using words like Delusional. It's a virus on these boards and don't let it get to you.

As far as Patch. The same things were said towards Kessel before he was traded. You put Patch on a deep talented team and he will score goals. It's not rocket science and Patch did not lose his goal scoring ability at the age of 29. Most reasonable people know what he is capable of and adding his goal scoring ability for two playoff runs at a cap hit of $4.5M is something a lot of teams would be interested in
The thing you don't understand is patches is lh lw not a need. On top of it blues don't have a firat this year now they won't have one two years in a row. Plus you want another 2nd and dunn. That's not going to happen. Please someone close this thread it's getting ridiculous. Delusional has fan here

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Kane would be cheaper because he is a pending UFA. However, don't expect to get him if you are not coughing up a 1st round pick and another piece.

Hoffman would not be cheaper. He is age 28 and signed for 3 years. You would have to pay the Sens for 3 years of Hoffman. That is one more year vs Patch.

Hoffman would be cheaper because Dorian is an absolute disaster and Melnyk doesn’t want to pay the salary. 3 boxes of used condoms and a half eaten little Caesars pizza should get the trade completed.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The thing you don't understand is patches is lh lw not a need. On top of it blues don't have a firat this year now they won't have one two years in a row. Plus you want another 2nd and dunn. That's not going to happen. Please someone close this thread it's getting ridiculous. Delusional has fan here

The only one delusional is you with your evaluations.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hoffman would be cheaper because Dorian is an absolute disaster and Melnyk doesn’t want to pay the salary. 3 boxes of used condoms and a half eaten little Caesars pizza should get the trade completed.

Good luck with that. How about you post a trade proposal and what you think you can get Hoffman for? See where that gets you with Sens fans. See if Thomas + is not the asking price?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The only one delusional is you with your evaluations.
What ever you say. Dunn wlc cost controlled lhd offensive dman 21 year old getting 16 minutes a night looking spectacular with top 2 potential for a 30 goal scorer who is suckling it up this year with 1 year after this year then we can't afford him plus you want a first and 2nd lol. Get real.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Good luck with that. How about you post a trade proposal and what you think you can get Hoffman for? See where that gets you with Sens fans. See if Thomas + is not the asking price?
And the response from blues fans will be the same to you uh hello no

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I don't think the ask is bad, but I'd just have no interest from a Blues perspective. Pacioretty is a rental or a player that will be extended on a contract he absolutely won't be worth.

Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson will be gone over the next couple of seasons, so moving our best LHD prospect who is transitioning well into the League would be foolish.

We've been lacking a top centre in our system for a while, so trading our best chance at developing that would be foolish.

The Blues aren't another LW away from being a favourite this year and our window isn't about to close. If we're moving our more valuable pieces, then I'd expect Armstrong to be targeting players that we'd have control of for more than 18 months.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Our needs are LD and Center. Some Habs fans say our LD needs are bigger than Center at the moment. After Mete, it's not great. On the RD side, we have Weber, Petry, Juulsen, Brook. Our LD side is terrible. Mete, Alzner, Benn, Jerabek. We don't have much in the prospect pool either. Dunn fits.

Dunn, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd is a deal I would make but not sure about other Habs fans and our GM who is unpredictable. I would personally go after a bigger fish (Thomas) but it remains to be seen if any GM is willing to cough it up. Time will tell from now till trade deadline and supply/demand always sets the price

What I'm meaning is I know you guys have a hole at LD but Mete and Dunn are fairly redundant. Both are fantastic skaters and passers who are fairly undersized. Dunn is a little more advanced defensively and isn't scared to throw a body and actually has had a pretty good stick since coming up. As for a bigger fish, you may be able to get one from another team but I can tell you right now the worst thing that DA could do would be to trade off Thomas. He fits every single need we have at the moment to a T. 1st/2nd line center who is right handed and is a good playmaker. Could slot in very very well with Tarasenko. I guess if you guys keep Petry around though it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have a top 4 of Weber, Dunn, Petry and Mete. I just feel like if you load up with all offensive minded defensemen you could have some issues, I forgot about Petry when I was thinking along these lines.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017

A proposal for Hoffman would be the same as patches. Walman/schmaltz, barbashev, next years first, and conditional 2/4 depending on playoff performance.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
You provide no substance to support your opinions and you focus is definitely not with debating in good faith. Have fun with it
What substance have you brought to the table sir. Other than an over inflated value of a rental player who is not a major need for the blues. We are loaded with lh lws on the team blues major need is rw and center. And in 2 years gunners on and jaybo will be declining and gone. So lhd (dunn) kyrou and thomas,Thompson areally filling blues needs. Please explain why patches would help when he doesn't fill a need

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What I'm meaning is I know you guys have a hole at LD but Mete and Dunn are fairly redundant. Both are fantastic skaters and passers who are fairly undersized. Dunn is a little more advanced defensively and isn't scared to throw a body and actually has had a pretty good stick since coming up. As for a bigger fish, you may be able to get one from another team but I can tell you right now the worst thing that DA could do would be to trade off Thomas. He fits every single need we have at the moment to a T. 1st/2nd line center who is right handed and is a good playmaker. Could slot in very very well with Tarasenko. I guess if you guys keep Petry around though it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have a top 4 of Weber, Dunn, Petry and Mete. I just feel like if you load up with all offensive minded defensemen you could have some issues, I forgot about Petry when I was thinking along these lines.

Fair assessment IMO. Thanks for avoiding the confrontational approach like Colt55.

My target for Patch would be a premium or fringe premium prospect at LD or center and a 1st (at least). Then I would go from there and try to work a deal. I would also let the bidding war happen as well and the best offer at the deadline gets Patch for 2 years at $4.5M. Supply and demand always sets the market value. Some years is lower and some years it higher... circumstance always is a factor.

If Dunn, 2019 1st, and another piece was the best offer. I would seriously consider it. I would also seriously consider keeping Patch and to try trading him at the draft (if the trade offers were too low). Mete and Dunn would be just depth on the LD that we need. The Habs need to stock pile picks and prospects at this stage and hope we hit big on a few of them. That is our best plan with the core we have today IMO.

I wish the Blues luck in the Playoffs! As long as they are not facing any other Canadian team :)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A proposal for Hoffman would be the same as patches. Walman/schmaltz, barbashev, next years first, and conditional 2/4 depending on playoff performance.

You won't get Hoffman in that case IMO. But that's what I think and Sens fans would have to comment about it.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The problem with patches value is that he plays LW which is arguably the deepest position in the league. He's also having a terrible year and is even worse in the playoffs.
I don't see teams paying a premium for a position they're likely pretty set in or maxpac would seemingly be a marginal upgrade. Having said that stl has the peices to make a fair trade in terms of value, however from a needs perspective I think theyd rather spend their trade chips elsewhere (ie RWor C). Just my two cents.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Fair assessment IMO. Thanks for avoiding the confrontational approach like Colt55.

My target for Patch would be a premium or fringe premium prospect at LD or center and a 1st (at least). Then I would go from there and try to work a deal. I would also let the bidding war happen as well and the best offer at the deadline gets Patch for 2 years at $4.5M. Supply and demand always sets the market value. Some years is lower and some years it higher... circumstance always is a factor.

If Dunn, 2019 1st, and another piece was the best offer. I would seriously consider it. I would also seriously consider keeping Patch and to try trading him at the draft (if the trade offers were too low). Mete and Dunn would be just depth on the LD that we need. The Habs need to stock pile picks and prospects at this stage and hope we hit big on a few of them. That is our best plan with the core we have today IMO.

I wish the Blues luck in the Playoffs! As long as they are not facing any other Canadian team :)

I can honestly tell you, you will more than likely not like the return you get at the time being for Patches if you trade him this year, especially with Hoffman on the market as well. I am just saying this from experience with the whole Shattenkirk at the TDL debacle last year. Patches is a fairly interesting case though. He has an extremely team friendly contract for two years, he is not necessarily a rental which could make the return a little bit better. The only issue is that any team that is going to pay a premium to outbid someone would need a couple of things.

1. a genuine need for a goal scoring left wing - Issue for the Habs case is that more than likely 1 if not both of Hoffman and E Kane will be on the market as well and fill the same hole. Patches in the past has been a superior player to both but at the same time this year he is inferior to both which could lead to some doubt. At the same time though in a case of a bidding war if GMMB is deadest on trading him there isn't really much he can do about a saturated market, the bidding war seems like it will be in the buyers favor for this particular position this need.

2. The ability to keep Patches around next year - the beauty of rentals for a lot of contenders is there is only a year long cap commitment. Although, if the reports are true that the cap is going to rise it could be a non factor for most teams. Patches at 4.5 is great value but that is still a fairly sizeable chunk of cap for a contending team who is tight to take on.

3. Plans to re-sign Patches past his current contract - this will be the biggest issues as well all know very well that Patches has been worth much more than his current contract is signed for. If someone were to pay a premium they would need to see him as a core piece moving forward. Although he is only 29 his next contract will be signed when he is 30. I'm also guessing the cap hit will be hard to take on for a team that is planning to contend for another 6 years after next years season is over.

Also, thank you for the well wishes! You guys will get a nice return out of Patches if you were to trade him, I just don't think it will be as large as you are hoping for as there are the complications listed above.

Reactions: Dominicr

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What substance have you brought to the table sir. Other than an over inflated value of a rental player who is not a major need for the blues. We are loaded with lh lws on the team blues major need is rw and center. And in 2 years gunners on and jaybo will be declining and gone. So lhd (dunn) kyrou and thomas,Thompson areally filling blues needs. Please explain why patches would help when he doesn't fill a need

You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts. Blues need help on the wing. That is the area of need and Patch is a winger. You already have certain players playing on their off wing. So Patch is not a perfect fit but who is? Kane or Hoffman? They are left handed shots too ;)

I guess you are waiting for the perfect fit for a below market price. Can't blame you but I do wish you luck with that

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
You won't get Hoffman in that case IMO. But that's what I think and Sens fans would have to comment about it.

If that offer didn’t work I’d wait for the blues prospects to develop. Anything can happen once the playoffs hit and any player can get hot. The blues aren’t far off but I couldn’t mortgage the future for an upgrade that wouldn’t be truly significant

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I can honestly tell you, you will more than likely not like the return you get at the time being for Patches if you trade him this year, especially with Hoffman on the market as well. I am just saying this from experience with the whole Shattenkirk at the TDL debacle last year. Patches is a fairly interesting case though. He has an extremely team friendly contract for two years, he is not necessarily a rental which could make the return a little bit better. The only issue is that any team that is going to pay a premium to outbid someone would need a couple of things.

1. a genuine need for a goal scoring left wing - Issue for the Habs case is that more than likely 1 if not both of Hoffman and E Kane will be on the market as well and fill the same hole. Patches in the past has been a superior player to both but at the same time this year he is inferior to both which could lead to some doubt. At the same time though in a case of a bidding war if GMMB is deadest on trading him there isn't really much he can do about a saturated market, the bidding war seems like it will be in the buyers favor for this particular position this need.

2. The ability to keep Patches around next year - the beauty of rentals for a lot of contenders is there is only a year long cap commitment. Although, if the reports are true that the cap is going to rise it could be a non factor for most teams. Patches at 4.5 is great value but that is still a fairly sizeable chunk of cap for a contending team who is tight to take on.

3. Plans to re-sign Patches past his current contract - this will be the biggest issues as well all know very well that Patches has been worth much more than his current contract is signed for. If someone were to pay a premium they would need to see him as a core piece moving forward. Although he is only 29 his next contract will be signed when he is 30. I'm also guessing the cap hit will be hard to take on for a team that is planning to contend for another 6 years after next years season is over.

Also, thank you for the well wishes! You guys will get a nice return out of Patches if you were to trade him, I just don't think it will be as large as you are hoping for as there are the complications listed above.

We will see. It's no secrete that Habs players are devalued grossly on these boards. Patch is struggling this season yes, but I recall people saying the same things towards Duchene. Not saying we will get the same return as Duchene but when push comes to shove, we don't have to trade Patch this season if the return is not worth it and helps our future rebuild.

Supply and demand will set the price and there will be multiple teams interested in Patch. That I am pretty sure of.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The perfectime fit would be to wait next year for Thomas and kyrou both rh rw and also natural centers. Don't forget that tag Thompson is already playing spectacularly at rw2 position and that kostin is doing well also a rw. So let's trade a bunch of those guys that fills blues needs for 1 1/3 year rental who does not fill a need lol your a riot blues top of western conference once swartz is back will be just fine again lol. You need to quit forcing yourself on team. They may yell rape soon

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
We will see. It's no secrete that Habs players are devalued grossly on these boards. Patch is struggling this season yes, but I recall people saying the same things towards Duchene. Not saying we will get the same return as Duchene but when push comes to shove, we don't have to trade Patch this season if the return is not worth it and helps our future rebuild.

Supply and demand will set the price and there will be multiple teams interested in Patch. That I am pretty sure of.
Nobody from the blues is asking for patches.. no one at all this is all you. Lol supply and demand I get that but when nobody here on the boards is asking for him then what demand is there also Duchesne is a younger center with term higher value.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Nobody from the blues is asking for patches.. no one at all this is all you. Lol supply and demand I get that but when nobody here on the boards is asking for him then what demand is there also Duchesne is a younger center with term higher value.
Bolded is quite true and amazing. Those STL young prospects sure look attractive since the last few days. The urgent need to run Max P out of town is not the way to get a good return. He has to show something to help his cause too.

Reactions: Colt55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad