Proposal: MTL & PITT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
To be honest it's not far off what Crosby will return and there's no way he's traded anywhere except his choice destination.

But their targeting of prospects instead of picks tells me they want to try a soft retool and still compete with Crosby who will probably play until he's 42.

Reactions: pth2

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
To be honest it's not far off what Crosby will return and there's no way he's traded anywhere except his choice destination.

But their targeting of prospects instead of picks tells me they want to try a soft retool and still compete with Crosby who will probably play until he's 42.
Well PITT have 2 ways , rebuild or continue on this road that they can't win

Crosby will sure have the Habs on his list

IF PITT is going on a rebuild they have great old chip

Crosby
Malkin
Karlsson
Letang

These 4 will bring great draft pick and prospect for sure

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
U Tryed Sticker You Tried Bad Star Participation Trophy Funny Discouraging  Encouragement Adulting is Hard - Etsy

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
i love seeing crosby on the 2nd behind suzuki
They're right next to each other in scoring and I believe Suzuki is a single spot in impact above replacement. Not that farfetched that Nick will get better and Sid will trend downwards. Nicks also got some of the best defensive metrics in the league this year.

Well PITT have 2 ways , rebuild or continue on this road that they can't win

Crosby will sure have the Habs on his list

IF PITT is going on a rebuild they have great old chip

Crosby
Malkin
Karlsson
Letang

These 4 will bring great draft pick and prospect for sure
I think the issue here is they are locked in to the other three and their value is basically contingent on playing with Crosby.

There won't be a bidding war because Crosby will pick his spot and he's one of the classiest guys of his era and brought them three cups so they won't do wrong by him.

Ironically Crosby, Malkin, and ovechkin have all said Montreal is the only other place they'd like to play.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
They're right next to each other in scoring and I believe Suzuki is a single spot in impact above replacement. Not that farfetched that Nick will get better and Sid will trend downwards. Nicks also got some of the best defensive metrics in the league this year.

I think the issue here is they are locked in to the other three and their value is basically contingent on playing with Crosby.

There won't be a bidding war because Crosby will pick his spot and he's one of the classiest guys of his era and brought them three cups so they won't do wrong by him.

Ironically Crosby, Malkin, and ovechkin have all said Montreal is the only other place they'd like to play.
I don't think Ovenchkin and malkin will come in MLT ,, Crosby though sure will

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
This kind of thread never ends well.... Crosby won't be traded in a bidding war, he'll be traded to where he wants to go, and wherever that may be, the return won't be proportionate with Crosby's overall standing.

A couple of firsts probably isn't that far off, though, in terms of value. I expect Colorado is more likely, though it'll come down to whether or not Crosby had Canadiens pyjamas when he was 11 years old (ie, he'll go where he wants to).

I remember that for Malkin it was apparently Florida, Montreal or Pittsburgh, but that was a decade ago (more or less).

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
dreaming here

MTL : WPG + CGY First picks
for
PITT : Crosby

CC-Crosby-Slaf
Roy-Suzuki-Dach
Not bad. Pittsburgh could retain 50% of Crosby's salary and take on a contract like Armia's.

And instead of Calgary's first the Pens could recover their 2025 second round pick and one of Montreal's 3rd round picks in the same draft.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Lemieux had even stronger roots in Montreal than Crosby, and regardless of all the speculation, he never came. I think NHL players move more for family then for childhood team adulation.

You have more of a chance that Letang will want to come.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Given that Crosby wont be traded unless he specifically asks to be, sure.

He's also likely not going to be traded. He's going to finish his career in Pittsburgh, with minuscule chances he'll be traded or sign elsewhere.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Lemieux had even stronger roots in Montreal than Crosby, and regardless of all the speculation, he never came. I think NHL players move more for family then for childhood team adulation.

You have more of a chance that Letang will want to come.
The difference is that we actively want Crosby. Letang's contract is just scary, moreso given his past injuries.

Reactions: viceroy

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
if Crosby is exploring options outside of Pittsburg, Detroit will offer a better package than that (imo).

If Yzerman can convince Kane to come to Detroit he can convince Sid.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Horrendous both on the value of return, plus on the idea that he would leave a rebuilding Pittsburgh to go to a rebuilding Montreal

It’s either Pitt, or a real contender of his choice

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
If Crosby comes to Montréal, it's because he wanted to go to Montréal, and nowhere else.

Which means in that situation that Montréal can pretty much offer anything, since there would be no competing offers.

So in that situation I'd do Ylonën + 3rd

• Haha
Reactions: TBF1972

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
If Crosby comes to Montréal, it's because he wanted to go to Montréal, and nowhere else.

Which means in that situation that Montréal can pretty much offer anything, since there would be no competing offers.

So in that situation I'd do Ylonën + 3rd
I think it would be hard to get Pittsburgh to agree to that. Look at deals like Fox wanting to go to NYR for a measure of what players fetch even when they have a single destination in mind. If we're looking at the 2024 draft, I think Winnipeg's first and Pittsburgh's 2nd in 2025 would be the least that could seriously happen, otherwise PIT will try and keep him for next season.

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Story: Penguins will have three 1st picks to do trade Crosby to Canadiens. Canadiens with Canadian Crosby has more to give as a veteran hockey player.

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Crosby
Malkin
Karlsson
Letang

Crosby - trade
Malkin - end
Karlsson - stay
Letang - stay

Rebuilding more strong defenseman and fast goalies. 5 or 6 real slopes at team building. Therefore stronger defensive two checkingline second line are weaker than first line in Penguins next season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad