Confirmed Trade: [MTL/PHI] Dale Weise, Christian Folin (18.75%) for Byron Froese, David Schlemko

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We know who Dale Weise is. I'd take his locker room presence every day of the week over Schlemko. Have fun keeping him on your injury reserve list.
Again, he is a AHL replacement D for Phil Myers who we just recalled. I don't think Schlrmko ever plays for Philly.

And sure, enjoy Weise and that presence. The a Flyers are 8-0-1 since waiving Weise. We don't miss his long face.

Reactions: HabsQC

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
What happened to Schlemko? Lots of Sharks fans were annoyed at losing him as he was a really solid 3rd pairing vet. Good puck mover, solid defensively, good skater. Weird.
He is done at the NHL level, he cannot keep up with the speed of the game and he makes the weirdest brain cramp mistakes in his own end. I also want to say that the man can injure himself drinking a cup of coffee.

Reactions: HabsQC

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don't mind getting Weise back to play on the 4th line, he was good for us in the past and if he can still keep up with the pace of the NHL game I expect that he still will be.

Reactions: BLONG7

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Schlemko’s not even meant for the NHL roster, except as an injury call-up. Folin was moved to clear a roster spot for Phil Myers, who was called up in conjunction with the trade. The Flyers rationale is call up Myers, get some AHL depth for Folin who would likely have been claimed on waivers, move out Weise who the team was done with for a slightly cheaper defenseman that they can probably get through waivers if they need to but who can take Myers spot on the Phantoms (who are thin due to injuries and call-ups). It’s a low key clever deal for the Flyers, and I imagine for the Habs as well.

Then I guess everyone is happy. Cool.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Imagine bragging about acquiring Dale Weise. :laugh::laugh:

I don't think anyone is bragging about acquiring Dale Weise, they're just saying it's better than having David Schlemko on the team. Weise did have some success with the Canadiens. The same cannot be said of Schlemko.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Weise can't be worse than Agostino.

Deslauriers-?-Weise

Still need a fourth line center...

Healthy, one of Byron or Lehkonen would be 4LW. We can only hope to get there someday but that's how it works out. Byron's played C at times too.

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
Win-Win trade. I think both organizations know what they are getting and what they have up.
It’s a minor trade with a small upside for both sides.
Always liked Weise during his first tenure in Montreal, and he was one of those guys that seemed to love Montreal, so why not bring him back.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't mind getting Weise back to play on the 4th line, he was good for us in the past and if he can still keep up with the pace of the NHL game I expect that he still will be.
Pretty sure Weise knows, this will be his last big shot to stay in the NHL.............look for a huge effort from him when he hits the 4th line for the Habs.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Habs have a lot of players like Dale Weise already on their team. I thought they would be targeting a different type of player

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs have a lot of players like Dale Weise already on their team. I thought they would be targeting a different type of player
Our GM just last year, had 10 guys...............for our bottom 6 !! This is, Marc Bergevin. Don't be surprised if he tries to get Steve Ott out of retirement.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Pretty sure Weise knows, this will be his last big shot to stay in the NHL.............look for a huge effort from him when he hits the 4th line for the Habs.
I have no problem getting Dutch Gretzky back, the problem with him last time here was Therrien, he played him above his station and it was a case similar to Julien playing Jordie Benn higher than he should have been, it does not work. Role players are best suited to being just that and help the team if they are left at the bottom of the lineup.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Habs didn't target Weise. It was dump for dump.

I actually look forward to seeing if Weise is an improvement over Agostino / Hudon / Chaput.

Meanwhile, Shlemko wasn't helping the Habs by playing in the AHL.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Dale Weise getting waived was not the reason you are 8-0-1 but Carter Hart sure is, hence my post. I love your movies though.
Actually, Weise was part of the problem as to why we were struggling. While Hart is the main reason for us playing better, having players like Weise, Lehtera and Weal on the bottom 6 also didn't help

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Actually, Weise was part of the problem as to why we were struggling. While Hart is the main reason for us playing better, having players like Weise, Lehtera and Weal on the bottom 6 also didn't help

I really doubt a 4th line winger was a significant part of the Flyers problems. Did he sabotage the Flyer's players skates?

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Weise was a small part of your problem but having 7 goalies as some part of your team this year was your actual problem, you know this so lets not go back and forth here. I still love your movies though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->