Confirmed Trade: [MTL/PHI] Dale Weise, Christian Folin (18.75%) for Byron Froese, David Schlemko

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I guess it basically comes down to how well Folin plays. If we don't play him much we're basically trading 2 AHL caliber guys for 2 AHL caliber guys, lol.

Weise probably won't get much play time, Folin could be a decent depth add (injuries etc.). Pretty meaningless trade tho :laugh:

Gotta think Weise is a better option than Agostino or Chaput on the fourth line, no? Is he really THAT bad now?

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
Schlemko has been nothing but terrible since coming to Montreal and Froese is a career AHLer, if Weise can play anything close to what he did in his last stint Montreal will be thrilled but I'm assuming this ends up just being a swap for the hell of it

What happened to Schlemko? Lots of Sharks fans were annoyed at losing him as he was a really solid 3rd pairing vet. Good puck mover, solid defensively, good skater. Weird.

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
What happened to Schlemko? Lots of Sharks fans were annoyed at losing him as he was a really solid 3rd pairing vet. Good puck mover, solid defensively, good skater. Weird.
probably his injuries because he was neither of those things in MTL

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Schlemko was solid in Calgary. Injuries looked to have screwed him, but I'll never forget his shootout goal.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Schlemko will replace Myers in the AHL, Myers replacing Folin in the NHL.

The Flyers wanted Myers up but also needed a replacement in the AHL.

Both teams are happy...win/win.

And Folin would probably be claimed on waivers with his cap hit.

Reactions: Tripod

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Just a completely useless player. Didn't do anything on the ice. Getting a contract 2X his value and 4 years didn't help but being Hakstol's favourite was what cursed him. He played above better and more deserving players. I don't wish him ill, just happy not to have him taking up a spot in our starting group.

Hak healthy scratched him for most of last season. He only played 46 games and he wasn’t hurt.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Gritty

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Habs fans: Froese is the most boring player ever and Shlemko is really really awful
Flyers fans: Weise is an overpaid AHL floater and Folin sucks

Everyone's right, now any of these 4 players can prove us wrong.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Yeah....for a more expensive guy in the AHL who cleared waivers. Congrats.

Folin wil help you some games though.

We know who Dale Weise is. I'd take his locker room presence every day of the week over Schlemko. Have fun keeping him on your injury reserve list.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Now where is that long chin Weise/renaissance painting photoshop again?
weise.jpg

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
We know who Dale Weise is. I'd take his locker room presence every day of the week over Schlemko. Have fun keeping him on your injury reserve list.

Schlemko’s not even meant for the NHL roster, except as an injury call-up. Folin was moved to clear a roster spot for Phil Myers, who was called up in conjunction with the trade. The Flyers rationale is call up Myers, get some AHL depth for Folin who would likely have been claimed on waivers, move out Weise who the team was done with for a slightly cheaper defenseman that they can probably get through waivers if they need to but who can take Myers spot on the Phantoms (who are thin due to injuries and call-ups). It’s a low key clever deal for the Flyers, and I imagine for the Habs as well.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I doubt he ever sees NHL ice with the flyers. Hes bound for the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad