Confirmed with Link: [MTL] Peter Holland (2 years, $575K, 2way yr 1)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Absolutely lolll

And also in the process helping Carriere with his new career

This could also be Carriere helping himself. There is the strong possibility that Carriere handled these signing. He is the Laval Rocket GM now. I'm not saying MB didn't have a hand in it. But the driving force could have been Carriere.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
With all this depth siging at league minimum 2 way etc... do draft picks even matter much nowadays? Serious question. Unless it's a top 10, why not just trade 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th for 3 years to land a star C?

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
Big body. 11 goals once with the Laffs. If he doesn't make the big club out of camp he's got to be an early call up.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With all this depth siging at league minimum 2 way etc... do draft picks even matter much nowadays? Serious question. Unless it's a top 10, why not just trade 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th for 3 years to land a star C?

Yes it is all important. You don't make up your farm team with your draft picks only. It will be a team of 20-23 year olds all the time. You need some veterans in there. You need a good mix. A lot of people associate the development solely with coaching. But a good part of a prospect's development is learning from veterans. They have a lot more contact with their teammates than with anyone else.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
For now he just needs to be better than Mac/JDLR/Hudon/Martinsens/Mitchell.

If he really wants it he doesn't have an all star field to beat out.

Probably ends up in the AHL but good to have some internal competition.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I really liked him on the Leafs, and I feel he was mishandled by Babcock and Lou. Hes got the tools to be more then a bottom 6 player.

I wish him the best and hope he performs well for your team.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
I'm liking this signature more and more. I like the potential, much higher than Martinsen. If Holland and DLR do pan out, pretty sure Mitchell, Martinsen and, even if I love the guy a lot, Byron, will be expendable.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I'm liking this signature more and more. I like the potential, much higher than Martinsen. If Holland and DLR do pan out, pretty sure Mitchell, Martinsen and, even if I love the guy a lot, Byron, will be expendable.

Byron is the fastest man alive.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Does he still have a chance to turn his career around?
Judging by his highlights, he has a ton of skill

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
For now he just needs to be better than Mac/JDLR/Hudon/Martinsens/Mitchell.

If he really wants it he doesn't have an all star field to beat out.

Probably ends up in the AHL but good to have some internal competition.

He is by far better then those combined

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Darche? The guy was not even drafted...

Holland is a first round pick.

I feel like he will get his career on track with us under Julien. :handclap:

Holland will most probably never live up to his draft status. His best year were when the Leafs landed Marner and Matthews and were due to the lack of depth.

Even then, he only managed 27 points -16.

At best , he replaces Mitchell or Martinsen.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->