Proposal: MTL - OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
:habs
Dadonov (50% retained)

:sens
Byron
Harris (MTL's 2nd best defensive prospect)
1st 2021
2nd 2021 (TBL)

Since Ottawa isn't contending anytime soon, and Dadonov could be a great add to the Habs... Basically, Habs get Dadonov 50% retained, and the Sens get an Ottawa-boy who is still very decent, one of MTL's top prospects + MTL's 1st and TBL's 2nd.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Not sure if serious

close this thread please
WTF you talking about? Habs need a LW, Dadonov fits the bill. At 50% retained, which OTT can easily do, MTL gets way better. In return, we give OTT our 2nd best defensive prospect + 1st + 2nd + Byron.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
:habs
Dadonov (50% retained)

:sens
Byron
Harris (MTL's 2nd best defensive prospect)
1st 2021
2nd 2021 (TBL)

Since Ottawa isn't contending anytime soon, and Dadonov could be a great add to the Habs... Basically, Habs get Dadonov 50% retained, and the Sens get an Ottawa-boy who is still very decent, one of MTL's top prospects + MTL's 1st and TBL's 2nd.
So Ottawa is Montreal's cap and real salary offshore destination for the next three seasons. Nearly six million for hardly anything.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
So Ottawa is Montreal's cap and real salary offshore destination for the next three seasons. Nearly six million for hardly anything.
Hardly anything?! Byron has some value. He's still one of the fastest skaters in the NHL and capable of scoring 15-20 goals if healthy. A 1st + a 2nd + a great defensive prospect?! For a 31-year-old. If Ottawa was close to contending, it would be one thing. But they're far away from doing so. This kind of trade would help them get even better for the future while keeping them close(r) to the cap floor...

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
It’s objectively a great signing. Anyone who has the cap space would jump at him for $5M. You need something sweet to offset the sour from the grapes
No one has the cap space except Ottawa. I don't really care what team he is on except that he is going to hold back Ottawa's youth. If he was signed for something under 4 mil it would be a great signing because they could move him at any time (assuming he doesn't have a NTC).

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
this is just so remarkably silly - Ottawa ain't doing this,
and why should Habs? there are goal scorers out there as UFAs - Hoffman, Duclair,
and whatever happened to that supposed gentleman's agreement to bring back Kovalchuk?

Reactions: Mandala

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
No one has the cap space except Ottawa. I don't really care what team he is on except that he is going to hold back Ottawa's youth. If he was signed for something under 4 mil it would be a great signing because they could move him at any time (assuming he doesn't have a NTC).

11 teams currently have 9 mil in cap space or more.

He's not holding anyone back, the top 6 desperately needed a veteran with skill. If anything this allows the younger players the ability to grow without being thrown into the fire.

Good luck finding a UFA willing to sign for 4 mil that puts up 25 goals and has hit 70 points.

As for proposal, this is bad trolling.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
this is just so remarkably silly - Ottawa ain't doing this,
and why should Habs? there are goal scorers out there as UFAs - Hoffman, Duclair,
and whatever happened to that supposed gentleman's agreement to bring back Kovalchuk?
Hoffman would likely cost too much. Habs can't afford much. Duclair I'm not sure. The guy is on and off good. Besides, it looks like he wants a lot of $, which again the Habs can't do.

I was simply doing a proposal that I thought would greatly help both clubs. But it seems I'm really dumb/silly/a big fat troll according to everyone on here.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You really think Ottawa is going to trade a player they just signed to a division rival?

Call back in 2 years when he is on the last year of his contract.

Reactions: Mandala

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
You really think Ottawa is going to trade a player they just signed to a division rival?

Call back in 2 years when he is on the last year of his contract.
At 33-34, he might not be worth much at all, unless he doesn't show any signs of regression/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->