GDT: MTL @ NYI | Can he do more? | Nov. 5, 2018 7:00pm ET, TSN2 RDS 690AM 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
DD competed every shift. He also had a 60 point season. Drouin is a much more talented player but DD showed way more determination. Neither will take you to the promised land

DD had a 60 point season with cole scoring 35 goals and pacioretty also scoring 30 with both of them havign very good shooting %. last year Drouin had a 50 pt season ( pro rated) playing C for the first time since junior and max had his worst season ever as well as our other 'scorer' galchenyuk. no PP threat with weber injured from mid december

everyone needs to calm down.. this is a rebuild retool year.. dont expect playoffs even if they are playing exciting hockey and actually the better team on most nights.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Yep and one guy makes over 10 times more in salary

yep hence the stealing a point in toronto, shutout v bruins and keepign us in the game at 4-3 with two key saves on 2 on 1s to allows us to come back and score. you guys want boring 35 shots against us and closed hockey... or you want this open style fast paced game?

who cares about the contract anyway... when he signed his 6.5 deal the cap was at 68m.. by the time year 2 or 3 kicks in of this deal itll prob be at 84... not a huge difference.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
yep hence the stealing a point in toronto, shutout v bruins and keepign us in the game at 4-3 with two key saves on 2 on 1s to allows us to come back and score. you guys want boring 35 shots against us and closed hockey... or you want this open style fast paced game?

who cares about the contract anyway... when he signed his 6.5 deal the cap was at 68m.. by the time year 2 or 3 kicks in of this deal itll prob be at 84... not a huge difference.
I believe what Price has done in some games is what he is suppose to do.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Need your help guys, just arrived in florida, im renting a place and they have a smart Tv.. wich streaming should i use to watch the game!? Not use to smart tv

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
I believe what Price has done in some games is what he is suppose to do.

so if he does well... its '' you dams right you better make those saves'' and if he has a bad game or two.. he sucks ?

gotcha... people were praising Holtby too that game against washington and then he allowed two bananas in the final four minutes. the price haters disappeared until saturday.

We get it.. some people hate price. others dont like the contract.. good... no one is great everyday.. just look at yourself at work. everyoen has bad days.

tavares went 5 games with 1pt. 11 million..

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
DD had a 60 point season with cole scoring 35 goals and pacioretty also scoring 30 with both of them havign very good shooting %. last year Drouin had a 50 pt season ( pro rated) playing C for the first time since junior and max had his worst season ever as well as our other 'scorer' galchenyuk. no PP threat with weber injured from mid december

everyone needs to calm down.. this is a rebuild retool year.. dont expect playoffs even if they are playing exciting hockey and actually the better team on most nights.

Um, what? From Weber's last game of the season last year to the end of the season, Montreal had the 6th best PP in the NHL. Petry has filled in admirably and Montreal's defaulting to Weber's shot was causing a lot of problems. Petry has been and is a good PP D-man. And Galchenyuk was dangerous on the PP once he was put there.

RandR

May 15, 2011
I can't actually believe what I am about to say but here goes. I believe that DD was possibly a better player than Drouin.
DD made the most of the opportunities he earned or was given. Drouin could be so much more of a player if he did the same.

Great GDT Runner77.

Reactions: groovejuice and the

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
so if he does well... its '' you dams right you better make those saves'' and if he has a bad game or two.. he sucks ?

gotcha... people were praising Holtby too that game against washington and then he allowed two bananas in the final four minutes. the price haters disappeared until saturday.

We get it.. some people hate price. others dont like the contract.. good... no one is great everyday.. just look at yourself at work. everyoen has bad days.

tavares went 5 games with 1pt. 11 million..

Tavares has 16 points in 14 games, is third in individual scoring chances and first in individual high danger scoring chances. Weird comparison.

RandR

May 15, 2011
He has 3 even strength points in 13 games and this is not a fluke. He simply is not competitive in 5 on 5 situations.
I agree. Drouin is too much of a perimeter player. He gets PP time and 3 on 3 time because he has elite skill (especially his stick handling) that he can use when he has space to operate. However, on 5 on 5 he doesn't seem willing to do what it takes to fight for what little space there is.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I agree. Drouin is too much of a perimeter player. He gets PP time and 3 on 3 time because he has elite skill (especially his stick handling) that he can use when he has space to operate. However, on 5 on 5 he doesn't seem willing to do what it takes to fight for what little space there is.
Jeez I am willing to bet that almost all of the forwards on the roster would contribute something if given PP time or 3 on 3 situations. I simply expect much more from a 6 million dollar forward.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Jeez I am willing to bet that almost all of the forwards on the roster would contribute something if given PP time or 3 on 3 situations. I simply expect much more from a 6 million dollar forward.
lol no. Ever heard of PPs that suck?? Oilers PP sucked last year. Scoring on the PP isnt a given.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs PP has been awful the last 4-5 games..................will Clod finally make some changes there? Will Koko actually start on the PP wave #1?

I would hope Armia will drop down to PP2 at the very least.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Greiss with a 1.85 GAA and a .944 save percentage coming off a shut out. Damn there are never any easy games

Reactions: Rapala

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
His 5 on 5 play has been sub par........and the game saturday night, he gave away the puck on 3 occasions during a PP, very soff on the puck.

He is frustrating. He set up Reilly and Juulsen with sick feeds then does something lazy like changing as the last man back on the pp.

Reactions: BLONG7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad