GDT: MTL @ NYI | Can he do more? | Nov. 5, 2018 7:00pm ET, TSN2 RDS 690AM 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Just when you thought you could trust this guy ...

jitnd8Z.jpg

Drouin has played in all of the Habs's 13 games this season and has been held off the scoresheet in 7 games. He's been getting ice time and has been deployed without restriction. He has one assist in his last 5 games.

He was supposed to have been set free from the limitations of playing a position he wasn't suited for last year. He's showing plenty of skills, but results are not coming in as quickly as most fans hoped for.

Cat calls and rushes to conclusions are coming hard and fast on HF. Predictably ...

kX2PLSP.jpg

And yet, several fans had claimed that the team could afford to not sign Radulov since they had acquired Drouin. Nobody knew at the time that the most intriguing part about him, would be his eventual mullet.

VZER6g2.jpg

The cynic or perhaps the realist in you, makes you wonder how Drouin was able to entice Bergevin to chase him, in the first place ...

PUVWeB7.gif

For now, Drouin can't seem to do anything right on this forum. Lots of sizzle, no steak. Can he turn it around? The bright lights of NYC would be a great place to get it going.

JAgVdpE.jpg

px1jUfA.gif
Like seriously......you are the man brotha!!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Maybe one of our Dmen will hit the net with one of their point shots.

Petry, Reilly, Benn all missed the net on point blank, wide open shots last game.

I get Vasilievski is huge, but come on.
Maybe some of our forwards will stop hitting the goalies too... So many shots straight on the immobile goalies its crazy.

Reactions: groovejuice and 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Maybe some of our forwards will stop hitting the goalies too... So many shots straight on the immobile goalies its crazy.
at least there's a chance for a rebound...

The Habs Dmen, consistently miss the target...Reilly had a semi-break, for some reason decided to wind up and completely missed.

Jordie Benn walked right into the slot, no one between him and Vas...maybe 15 feet out and he missed lol

Jul 6, 2016
I think it's time to shuffle the lines a bit.

Drouin-Danault-Gally
Tatar-Domi-Lehkonen
Hudon-Kotka-Armia
DeLo-Peca-Shaw

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

The Habs Dmen, consistently miss the target...Reilly had a semi-break, for some reason decided to wind up and completely missed.

Jordie Benn walked right into the slot, no one between him and Vas...maybe 15 feet out and he missed lol
Petry missed an horribl eone too, if I recall, like 25 feet off from the net on the right side.

Plus Domi early in the game.

The lack of goal scorers is gonna hurt this team.

Reactions: 417

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace

those classic Habs' chesters do not really generate any rebounds

Reactions: Runner77 and Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I understand...but I mean, i'd rathe rather a shot hit the goalie, even if it's in the chest.

Then miss the entire net by 5 feet.

Oh, so you're a fan of Plekanec :sarcasm:

A shot hitting the goalie makes the stats look better though... Then you can have people blame Price over and over because EVERY damn goalie in the league out plays him :laugh:

Reactions: 417 and groovejuice

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Just when you thought you could trust this guy ...

jitnd8Z.jpg

Drouin has played in all of the Habs's 13 games this season and has been held off the scoresheet in 7 games. He's been getting ice time and has been deployed without restriction. He has one assist in his last 5 games.

He was supposed to have been set free from the limitations of playing a position he wasn't suited for last year. He's showing plenty of skills, but results are not coming in as quickly as most fans hoped for.

Cat calls and rushes to conclusions are coming hard and fast on HF. Predictably ...

kX2PLSP.jpg

And yet, several fans had claimed that the team could afford to not sign Radulov since they had acquired Drouin. Nobody knew at the time that the most intriguing part about him, would be his eventual mullet.

VZER6g2.jpg

The cynic or perhaps the realist in you, makes you wonder how Drouin was able to entice Bergevin to chase him, in the first place ...

PUVWeB7.gif

For now, Drouin can't seem to do anything right on this forum. Lots of sizzle, no steak. Can he turn it around? The bright lights of NYC would be a great place to get it going.

JAgVdpE.jpg

px1jUfA.gif

Very nice GDT, stie :thumbu:

Or...
'stie d'beau FdDdJdM * :yo:

Staying on topic:

2mff5tv.jpg

Pas l'temps d'niaiser, Jonathan :shakehead

GDT = fil de discussion de jour de match

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
LINES: (goalies and any changes to be updated)

Canadiens
LWCRW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DEFENSIVE PAIRINGSDefense

VICTOR METE
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Islanders
LWCRW

ANDERS LEE

Rating: 77.9#18 LW

BROCK NELSON

Rating: 72.9#94 C

JOSH BAILEY

Rating: 73.9#42 RW

ANTHONY BEAUVILLIER

Rating: 72.1#77 LW

MATHEW BARZAL

Rating: 79.2#21 C

JORDAN EBERLE

Rating: 76.1#25 RW

ANDREW LADD

Rating: 72.1#76 LW

VALTTERI FILPPULA

Rating: 70.3#162 C

LEO KOMAROV

Rating: 68.3#134 RW

ROSS JOHNSTON

Rating: 70.6#105 LW

CASEY CIZIKAS

Rating: 70.5#155 C

CAL CLUTTERBUCK

Rating: 68.4#115 RW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DEFENSIVE PAIRINGSDefense

NICK LEDDY

Rating: 72.2#64 LD

RYAN PULOCK

Rating: 69.1#100 RD

THOMAS HICKEY

Rating: 72.3#63 LD

SCOTT MAYFIELD

Rating: 70.7#89 RD

ADAM PELECH

Rating: 71.0#93 LD

JOHNNY BOYCHUK

Rating: 72.0#60 RD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
(credit to MattMartin for lineups)

GO HABS GO!

One of these things is not like the others...:rolleyes: :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Heading over to my workout before lunch iPod on shuffle and Deep Purple's Lazy comes on. I immediately think of Patch and now Drouin.
There is enough good music out there to assign a theme song to each player. Carey Price and Pink Floyd's Money e.g. run with it people it should be fun.

Reactions: Runner77

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I kinda want to see Lehkonen have a go with Domi instead of Drouin, but I don't wanna curse Kotkaniemi with Mr. I Only Show Up Sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->