GDT: MTL @ NYI | Can he do more? | Nov. 5, 2018 7:00pm ET, TSN2 RDS 690AM 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just when you thought you could trust this guy ...

jitnd8Z.jpg

Drouin has played in all of the Habs's 13 games this season and has been held off the scoresheet in 7 games. He's been getting ice time and has been deployed without restriction. He has one assist in his last 5 games.

He was supposed to have been set free from the limitations of playing a position he wasn't suited for last year. He's showing plenty of skills, but results are not coming in as quickly as most fans hoped for.

Cat calls and rushes to conclusions are coming hard and fast on HF. Predictably ...

kX2PLSP.jpg

And yet, several fans had claimed that the team could afford to not sign Radulov since they had acquired Drouin. Nobody knew at the time that the most intriguing part about him, would be his eventual mullet.

VZER6g2.jpg

The cynic or perhaps the realist in you, makes you wonder how Drouin was able to entice Bergevin to chase him, in the first place ...

PUVWeB7.gif

For now, Drouin can't seem to do anything right on this forum. Lots of sizzle, no steak. Can he turn it around? The bright lights of NYC would be a great place to get it going.

JAgVdpE.jpg

px1jUfA.gif

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
LINES: (goalies and any changes to be updated)

Canadiens
LWCRW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DEFENSIVE PAIRINGSDefense

VICTOR METE
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Islanders
LWCRW

ANDERS LEE

Rating: 77.9#18 LW

BROCK NELSON

Rating: 72.9#94 C

JOSH BAILEY

Rating: 73.9#42 RW

ANTHONY BEAUVILLIER

Rating: 72.1#77 LW

MATHEW BARZAL

Rating: 79.2#21 C

JORDAN EBERLE

Rating: 76.1#25 RW

ANDREW LADD

Rating: 72.1#76 LW

VALTTERI FILPPULA

Rating: 70.3#162 C

LEO KOMAROV

Rating: 68.3#134 RW

ROSS JOHNSTON

Rating: 70.6#105 LW

CASEY CIZIKAS

Rating: 70.5#155 C

CAL CLUTTERBUCK

Rating: 68.4#115 RW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DEFENSIVE PAIRINGSDefense

NICK LEDDY

Rating: 72.2#64 LD

RYAN PULOCK

Rating: 69.1#100 RD

THOMAS HICKEY

Rating: 72.3#63 LD

SCOTT MAYFIELD

Rating: 70.7#89 RD

ADAM PELECH

Rating: 71.0#93 LD

JOHNNY BOYCHUK

Rating: 72.0#60 RD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
(credit to MattMartin for lineups)

GO HABS GO!

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Great GD thread! If Drouin could not show up against his former team then I doubt he shows up against these NY teams. No accountability for this guy...most ice time, barely any production.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Good work on the GDT.

As for tonight....two teams with surprising start.
Should be interesting since most Habs-Isle game already were high scoring game.

Reactions: Runner77

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I assume the ratings in the lineup are not based off of NHL 19, but I have no idea what they are. It's my first day back at work after a week off and my brain isn't awake yet.

Go Habs, and stuff.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I assume the ratings in the lineup are not based off of NHL 19, but I have no idea what they are. It's my first day back at work after a week off and my brain isn't awake yet.

Go Habs, and stuff.

Whatever they are they say Reilly is our worst D and Domi is a mid-range 3C. I'd take them with a grain of salt.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Go Habs, and stuff.

The ratings are not important and should be disregarded. I see that they emanate from Daily Faceoff.

Just another way to post line combos, is all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Le Tricolore

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Is Deslauriers still in the lineup? Nothing against him personally, he's just ineffective on the ice. And get Hudon off the first line. Put Lehkonen back, or insert Byron if healthy.

Reactions: habdynasty

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is Deslauriers still in the lineup? Nothing against him personally, he's just ineffective on the ice. And get Hudon off the first line. Put Lehkonen back, or insert Byron if healthy.

The thing about Habs right now is that they have no one to take Deslauriers' place. They are only 12 forwards with Plekanec and Byron injured and Scherbak in Laval.

I'm more than fine with Hudon on the first line. He had a great game against Washington on Thursday. Not his finest on Saturday. But he needs to be given the chance to show that the game against Washington wasn't a one-off.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
The thing about Habs right now is that they have no one to take Deslauriers' place. They are only 12 forwards with Plekanec and Byron injured and Scherbak in Laval.

I'm more than fine with Hudon on the first line. He had a great game against Washington on Thursday. Not his finest on Saturday. But he needs to be given the chance to show that the game against Washington wasn't a one-off.
If Domi's line is unproductive, it doesn't matter how good or bad Hudon looks in my opinion. The coaches have to find a complementary player who completes Drouin and Domi, if both of them are inseparable.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Great GDT Runner, love these!

As a Drouin supporter since day one, I will say it’s about high time he put his arse in gear. He has a legit offensive centre playing with him now consistently, he has the defensive freedom of playing on the wing, he is getting loads of power play time, he is getting shitloads of ice time and he is healthy..there are literally no excuses.

The only thing missing right now in his game is effort, and that is the enigma of Jonathon Drouin. He’s been like that since junior.

I think it’s time for Weber to pull him aside and give him the stare…( And maybe tell him to smarten the f*** up and start working as hard as the rest of his teammates). Or maybe Ducharme, who seemed to get the most productive hockey out of him so far in his junior / pro career.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
@Runner77

It makes sense on a back-to-back, they'd give Price the big game at MSG.

That's what I would have done.

Big back-to-back and 4 points is certainly possible.

Bring the same effort as Saturday and I think it will be a W. Just got to capitalize on their chances this time.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Great work on the GDT, appreciate the effort.

PS, Danault sucks, Hudon sucks, Armia Sucks.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad