Confirmed with Link: [MTL/NSH] Devan Dubnyk to Habs for future considerations - UPD: assigned to Bulldogs

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Actually, Eller's value is higher than any mid prospect.

Using Eller as a base:

Eller
Beaulieu/Tinordi
1st Round Pick (2014)

The pick would probably be condition down to somewhere around a 4th or 5th if Vanek doesn't resign.

Well we didn't have to trade Eller... Or Beaulieu/Tinordi... Or a first rounder.

I love Garth Snow! :laugh:

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
We basically gave an uncertain unproven 3rd liner and a 2nd rounder who could never skate in the NHL for the scoring forward we always wanted :handclap:

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
I absolutely love this , well not as much as the Vanek one but you get a relatively young goalie who had 3 .914+ save percentage seasons in a row and one of if not the best goalie coach in the nhl. He wont work with Waite right now but maybe hhe will next training camp

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Well the Weaver-Dubnyk acquisition makes the Dogs better. 'Cause that way you send Drewiske and you remove Mayer the day that Price is fine.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
I would have been pissed off massively if we would have given Tinordi and a 1st for Vanek...

I would have hated it too but I never expected Garth Snow to accept any less. Still finding it hard to believe :laugh: (The 1st I suggested would have been conditional upon resigning though in my scenario)

Well we didn't have to trade Eller... Or Beaulieu/Tinordi... Or a first rounder.

I love Garth Snow! :laugh:

:laugh:I still have a hard time believing that Garth Snow is an NHL GM after seeing what MB was able to get away with against him.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I like this move. I think he may have been underrated cause he was in Edmonton before and never had time to prove himself with the Preds. Now we have Price but the performances of Budaj were pretty worrisome.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
I like this move. I think he may have been underrated cause he was in Edmonton before and never had time to prove himself with the Preds. Now we have Price but the performances of Budaj were pretty worrisome.

2-1-1? Dubnyk is depth for Hamilton anyway as Budaj has the Habs' backup role locked up.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
They can't send back Tokarsky to the dogs due to the deadline. So Dubnyk is in Hamilton till the end of the season. (e.g. this was an AHL trade)

Edit: I need to stop reading that CBA, it's as if a monkey had written it

Last edited:

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
They can't send back Tokarsky to the dogs due to the deadline. So Dubnyk is in Hamilton till the end of the season. (e.g. this was an AHL trade)

Edit: I need to stop reading that CBA, it's as if a monkey had written it

That's because a monkey did write it. Bettman counts as a monkey right?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
That's because a monkey did write it. Bettman counts as a monkey right?

Hehehe yeah. It really makes you wonder about the reasons why the players don't trust the owners at all. This thing is just written like a cell phone contract. To screw people over sideways. :nod:

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
We basically gave an uncertain unproven 3rd liner and a 2nd rounder who could never skate in the NHL for the scoring forward we always wanted :handclap:

Collberg's ceiling is a lot higher than that, he's actually a very solid prospect, if he would be playing in the CHL, a lot of posters would be crying right now (which would be dumb).

To get quality, you got to give quality... right now, Isles fans hate Collberg, but in a couple of years, things should be different.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Collberg's ceiling is a lot higher than that, he's actually a very solid prospect, if he would be playing in the CHL, a lot of posters would be crying right now (which would be dumb).

To get quality, you got to give quality... right now, Isles fans hate Collberg, but in a couple of years, things should be different.

Definitely.. He has the potential to be a speedy sniper that can pot 30. Just a matter of getting his development back on track.

We can afford to give with Gallagher, Hudon, Reway, Andrighetto and Lehkonen making noise in the system.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
Likely Waite sees something wrong in DD he thinks he can fix. He had decent numbers last year. On a terrible team.

Yeah, I might be the last one, but I still think DD is fixable.
Give him a year and see if he can work it out, it could be a good battle between him and Tokarski until we have to make room for Fucale.
No risk, could get some reward if he gets it back togehter.

ForSpareParts*

I'm not going to read this whole thread, but didn't the Preds put Dubnyk on waivers?

Why didn't they pick him up them? Why trade an asset when it could have been done another way.

Did I miss something?

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
I'm not going to read this whole thread, but didn't the Preds put Dubnyk on waivers?

Why didn't they pick him up them? Why trade an asset when it could have been done another way.

Did I miss something?

They didn't trade any assets

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal

Did I miss something?

Preds are retaining some salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->