Proposal: MTL & NJ

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
CC would sure play on your first line and score 40 + with Hughes
Holtz dosen't hold that much value

Holtz kindda take a top 6 spot to replace CC even if the quality is not the same
The USHL and the NTDP aren't anywhere close to the NHL. Just because they worked good in a lesser league doesn't mean their would do the same in the NHL.

Would you put Caufield on a line with Farrell? probably not.

Reactions: TBF1972 and My3Sons

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I don't trust this organization to suddenly change and somehow make Holtz into the player they want him to be. He needs a change of scenery and next year he will have lesser value.
The problem isn't trading holtz (which I disagree with but see the logic behind), it's that you've undersold Holtz. We could wait a year and sell holtz for what you suggested with ease.

He needs a change of scenery off the 4th line, 100%. but at 900k there's no point moving holtz for minimal assets now. It'll cost us much more in money to find a guy to fill that role in UFA when we can better spend money elsewhere.

When he's an RFA, sure, then you consider moving him.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The problem isn't trading holtz (which I disagree with but see the logic behind), it's that you've undersold Holtz. We could wait a year and sell holtz for what you suggested with ease.

He needs a change of scenery off the 4th line, 100%. but at 900k there's no point moving holtz for minimal assets now. It'll cost us much more in money to find a guy to fill that role in UFA when we can better spend money elsewhere.

When he's an RFA, sure, then you consider moving him.
Every year he's mired in a 4th line role and under-producing, it lowers his trade value. Xkirk rightfully recognizes the desire to maximize his trade value while you can.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Every year he's mired in a 4th line role and under-producing, it lowers his trade value. Xkirk rightfully recognizes the desire to maximize his trade value while you can.
Simple solution: don't play him in a 4th line role.

Problem solved.

Get him with a play driver. Plenty of success was had with guys like Mcleod, Mercer, Hughes.

When put with scrubs like Bastian, Nosek, Tierney, Willman, and MacDermid, the sniper was not put in opportunities to snipe

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Simple solution: don't play him in a 4th line role.

Problem solved.

Get him with a play driver. Plenty of success was had with guys like Mcleod, Mercer, Hughes.

When put with scrubs like Bastian, Nosek, Tierney, Willman, and MacDermid, the sniper was not put in opportunities to snipe
Except when he doesn't perform, back to the 4th line. That's the risk.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Except when he doesn't perform, back to the 4th line. That's the risk.
Then just stick him on PP1 and watch the points go BRRRR, because apparently overall point totals are all that matters.

Holtz has already shown to be an excellent sniper and finisher.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Then just stick him on PP1 and watch the points go BRRRR, because apparently overall point totals are all that matters.

Holtz has already shown to be an excellent sniper and finisher.
Except he’s not. That’s an exaggeration…. He nothing.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Some Montreal fans talked about Matheson as a power play guy or scoring guy. NJ doesn't need that. They need a guy who is defense first and just not a grenade handler. Beyond that, we fundamentally disagree on the real world value of a guy like Matheson. If he was worth a top ten lottery pick dont' you think Montreal would have traded him already?
F Yeah! Absolutely!

I think my opinion falls pretty much between you two - he isnt worth a top 10 pick by himself, but matheson at 50% is worth more than the difference between 24 and 11

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad