GDT: MTL @ MIN - 7 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Not sure why you yank Kaapo when to me he’s held the Wild in nearly every game? I suppose it’s an easier game to work Talbot back in?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Not sure why you yank Kaapo when to me he’s held the Wild in nearly every game? I suppose it’s an easier game to work Talbot back in?
Yeah, this looks like a pretty good game to ease Talbot back in on. We can almost set aside the "who's the starter?" question for the time being - they're going to need both goalies playing as the revised schedule kicks in.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t know how they’re so bad. I will chuckle at the poster that said Caufield will score 40 this year, though
I know Price was good, but was an aging/injured Weber, and Danault, that good? Petry has come down to earth. It's a combo of way overachieving last year, and way underachieving this year, I guess. Still is the most variance from year to year that I can remember.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yes to the 2nd sentence. KK has been great. All the hesitancy has gone from his game. Both goalies should get lots of work going forward. Hope Evason doesn't go full on Boudreau and run with Talbot completely, running him into the ground and interrupting KK's flow.

Reactions: BillyCostigan

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Trap games haven’t been a big issue with this team the past two years, especially at home. MTL does not match up well against us at all, especially physically. I can see this one getting out of hand and being over before the third even starts. Should be a fun one!

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
a not so subtle cry for help?
Probably more projection on my part since I've been half-wondering if Poehling would be a good trade target. Compared to guys like Strome and Roslovic, he seems to better fit the mold of a center that Evason would actually play between Fiala and Boldy, and shouldn't cost nearly as much as the higher-profile guys that have been discussed.

Of course at his age if he's worth acquiring I'd assume Montreal would want to keep him... but with new management you never know.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Looked at the lineup and the biggest hole to me is that 3C with Freddy G. Man I wish that Rossi was ready.

Reactions: MNRube

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don’t know how they’re so bad. I will chuckle at the poster that said Caufield will score 40 this year, though
They're bad because they have a terrible roster.

They then thought that terrible roster was better than terrible because they got hot at the right time and made a Cinderella run to the finals.

Reality struck again is all.

Same happened to us in 2003. A terrible roster got hot, made an unexpected run to the conference finals, then Risebrough somehow thought he was a genius and built a good team, thus made little to no changes... su the team fell flat on its face the following season as reality game flooding back.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Looked at the lineup and the biggest hole to me is that 3C with Freddy G. Man I wish that Rossi was ready.
I wish that I could see Evason at least try Sturm and/or Dewar in that spot. Not saying that they will be better, but it's a pretty low bar that Frederik has set, at least offensively. FG is fine as a 4th liner, but super blah as a 3G, and tough to watch on the PP.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I wish that I could see Evason at least try Sturm and/or Dewar in that spot. Not saying that they will be better, but it's a pretty low bar that Frederik has set, at least offensively. FG is fine as a 4th liner, but super blah as a 3G, and tough to watch on the PP.
Indeed. Not sure why Ev has such a serious bromance with Freddy?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Probably because he needs the better defender on a line that is going to struggle more to get and maintain possession.

With Boldy and Fiala on your wings, you're more likely to spend time in the offensive zone than if Duhaime and Dewar are your wings.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
They're bad because they have a terrible roster.

They then thought that terrible roster was better than terrible because they got hot at the right time and made a Cinderella run to the finals.

Reality struck again is all.

Same happened to us in 2003. A terrible roster got hot, made an unexpected run to the conference finals, then Risebrough somehow thought he was a genius and built a good team, thus made little to no changes... su the team fell flat on its face the following season as reality game flooding back.

There were a few minor changes between their roster between last year and this year.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
My point remains. They were a bad team last year. Terrible in the regular season in a terrible division.

Got hot and made a run. They were still a terrible team overall though. Getting hot doesn't change that.

They only got worse in preparation for this season.

So not at all a surprise that they're terrible now.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Glad the hoopla over Dvorak is done, never understood the crazy high interest people here had for him. Some of the packages people suggested for him over the years were ridiculous

Habs having one of those diseased years where everything goes wrong. They should be back as a bubble team next year, I don’t see them tearing it down. Current lineup is pretty awful though

Reactions: GuerinUp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->