Confirmed Trade: [MTL/LAK] Nate Thompson and 2019 5th round pick for 2019 4th round pick

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
My guess is Thompson + 5th for Hudon

Hudon was reportedly pulled from practice earlier today
Kings have Lewis and Brodzinski returning. Also Luff and maybe Grundstrom ready to step in. I think they’ll ask for a fourth or fifth round pick. No need for a warm body in return.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Ok.... and how does that contradict anything I said?

Hint: it doesnt

He has always been good on the faceoffs and he has still never gotten more than a 4th and a 7th, and that was when he had 3 yrs left on his contract and in his prime. Why would he get MORE as a 6pt rental???

I tend to agree with you on this one

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Would be nice if this were part of something bigger including Hudon and a LD from LA...not sure there's much to be had from LA though, doubt they move Martinez so soon after moving Muzzin.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Would be nice if this were part of something bigger including Hudon and a LD from LA...not sure there's much to be had from LA though, doubt they move Martinez so soon after moving Muzzin.
I think Martinez could be had, but would expect a larger return than Hudon for sure.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Remembering when Bergevin went out and grabbed Ott and King. I think Bergevin has done a good job so far this season. I don't even mind bringing back Weise. Schlemko wasn't working but he needs to stop dumpster diving lol. Did Montreal need a 4C that badly?

Yes.

We have been using Chaput on the 4th line. Like the guy but he is an AHLer. Same for Peca. Kid has speed but is not a 4th line C.

Habs 4th line has been bad this year and going into the playoffs we need a 4th line that won't hurt the team.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I tend to agree with you on this one

Ya I'm not saying he's brutal, I actually liked him in Ottawa, but he doesnt tilt the ice like Boyle. I think he is a solid 4th liner who should return a mid/late pick but no team is giving up anything higher than a 4th (and honestly that will be a great return for LA if it happens)

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
look what boyle just got i think ur a little low brother

Boyle had been traded for a 2nd and 3rd before. He's got 13 goals. Thompson has never been traded for anything higher than a 4th in the following season's draft. If something happens, don't expect something crazy. If it's a 5th, be happy.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think it's pretty much a guarantee Thompson will be moved.

It's just too easy for GM's to look at his resume and say well, for a cheap price, it won't hurt.

Makes sense for the Habs. Chaput isn't exactly premium 4C. I know Thompson isn't special but i like the fit tbh.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

It's just too easy for GM's to look at his resume and say well, for a cheap price, it won't hurt.

Makes sense for the Habs. Chaput isn't exactly premium 4C.
At this point it is a guarantee he is a hab

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

Makes sense for the Habs. Chaput isn't exactly premium 4C. I know Thompson isn't special but i like the fit tbh.

Chaput sucks so much. I prefer Thompson.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Thompson's been okay. Before the season started, he was supposed to be the worst offensive player in the league but has been serviceable as a 4c with good FO% and a decent penalty killer.

Reactions: ForrestHabsGump

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad