Confirmed Trade: [MTL/LAK] Nate Thompson and 2019 5th round pick for 2019 4th round pick

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Yeah not only was the 4th line awful, they added zero physicality other than Deslauriers. Now I don’t think Thompson and Weise are going to start hammering players constantly, but they will be strong on the puck.

I can agree on this, although, I think you would be surprised when it comes to Thompson especially.
He actually isn't your typical "nasty big guy"....but he DOES go about his business in such a casual "just another day at the office" manner, that it may SEEM like he is timid out there....until he knocks someone's jock strap clear into the 4th row!

Guy is so big and strong (and yes, especially on the puck), that I sometimes wonder if he knows his own strength when he puts checks into people.

Reactions: le_sean

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Total BS to suggest this trade means MB lucked out on Domi & Tatar trade. This is a tweak to the fourth line plain and simple. Sure regret losing DLR and KHL Sherbak. They both suck and that’s why no one was willing to give anything for them.
Bergevin has no vision or plan.........alot of this stuff is done, like throwing crap at the wall. Some of it now and then sticks...he is a GM in way over his head. He has openly admitted, he does not believe in windows of opportunity, and quite often admits, there is no plan B..............he swings and misses alot.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Bergevin has no vision or plan.........alot of this stuff is done, like throwing crap at the wall. Some of it now and then sticks...he is a GM in way over his head. He has openly admitted, he does not believe in windows of opportunity, and quite often admits, there is no plan B..............he swings and misses alot.

Domi, Tatar, Armia, Reilly are his last trades before these. He keeps hitting it out of the park recently.

Reactions: sharks9

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Total BS, yeah no plan - lol. Domi & Tatar were home runs. PK for Weber a wash. MB's problem was not recognizing earlier that this team was all smoke and mirrors (Price) and should have been dismantled many years ago. Its fair to bash him when he makes a mistake but not to give credit when makes a great deal is BS

Reactions: Theodore450

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Domi, Tatar, Armia, Reilly are his last trades before these. He keeps hitting it out of the park recently.
Some nice one's recently, but his body of work over 7 yrs is nothing to rave about. As I said, throw enough at the wall, and now and then, some will stick. I hope he can keep it up, but it's gonna take more than one nice summer to erase 6 yrs of being a clown.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Some nice one's recently, but his body of work over 7 yrs is nothing to rave about. As I said, throw enough at the wall, and now and then, some will stick. I hope he can keep it up, but it's gonna take more than one nice summer to erase 6 yrs of being a clown.

How many thought in 2013-14 they were a contender - practically everyone on this board. 20/20 says the team should have been dismantled then.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Montreal MB moves since the summer have been good and this one may continue the ball rolling in that direction. This is a quiet maybe not so quietly good move. We will see.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Total BS to suggest this trade means MB lucked out on Domi & Tatar trade. This is a tweak to the fourth line plain and simple. Sure regret losing DLR and KHL Sherbak. They both suck and that’s why no one was willing to give anything for them.
I suggested he got lucky with Tatar and Domi because they were doing nothing before they came to MTL. They were easily traded away by their respective clubs. They found their game here and MB passes like a genius now. What if they didn't find their game?

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

LOL it's way more than nice, anyone in the league would be dying for that kind of value returned consecutively

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I'm still having nightmares of the whole Dwight King disaster so I'm a little afraid of dealing with the Kings for a depth pick up.

Oh yeah, what a catastrophe trading a fourth rounder for Dwight King was.

Definitely worthy of nightmares.

Hard to believe the team has managed to recover as well as it has from that "disaster."

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I realy that move. Cant tell much about his years in LA, but was realy a game changer in Tampa. With Plekanec out, we never find a replacement for important face-off. Here he is!

member 300185

Officially the Habs slowest player now. Barely and NHLer and will not contribute much. Didnt cost much though.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Not sure why everyone is complaining so much. Kings fans have been complaining about Thompson because he was playing on the second line and the second-unit powerplay over guys like Kovalchuk and some of the younger guys, but let’s not pretend like Thompson is worthless. He’s a solid veteran that can play on the third or fourth line. Good defensively. A fourth and fifth round pick is basically nothing, and Thompson isn’t signed after this year.

I can’t believe this many people are upset about this trade. He’s a guy that can help Montreal this season, and they got him for basically nothing.

member 300185

He'll battle more then most of your soft team.
Thats funny. He's a scrapper, not a skill guy. Still very slow, no matter how hard you argue the point. He won't battle or do better than our entire 4th line. He will not battle harder than Hyman, Brown, or Kadri for that matter. The league has gone away from fighting and is a skill/speed game. The NT's of this game are a dying breed. Even our smallest player Ennis battles harder than him. Hell, I'd argue Marner battles harder than him.

Deal with it.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Oh yeah, what a catastrophe trading a fourth rounder for Dwight King was.

Definitely worthy of nightmares.

Hard to believe the team has managed to recover as well as it has from that "disaster."

Obviously exaggerating to make a point. But dear god was he awful.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Thats funny. He's a scrapper, not a skill guy. Still very slow, no matter how hard you argue the point. He won't battle or do better than our entire 4th line. He will not battle harder than Hyman, Brown, or Kadri for that matter. The league has gone away from fighting and is a skill/speed game. The NT's of this game are a dying breed. Even our smallest player Ennis battles harder than him. Hell, I'd argue Marner battles harder than him.

Deal with it.
He'll bounce Marner around for a joke. Both Nylander and now Matthews are perimeter players you know shy away from contact. Your team is full of powderpuffs and will get rolled in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->