Proposal: MTL-LAK-CHI (3-way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
This would be a Kings fans wet dream. Muzzin is great, but to clear that cap space and get back 4 players for one player would be fantastic. Mete has real promise and upside, and Perlini is an rfa, so no risk of baggage. Multiple 2nd rounders would kick off the retool with power.

All reasons why it would never happen. If it did I’d fund a kickstarter to throw Mark Bergevin a parade in Montreal during February.

Reactions: YP44

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Oh wow, give away a prospect and an underachieving player for 2 solid defensemen to have a complete team to compete = trading the farm. Get real, Montreal's best prospects aren't even getting traded away (Fleury, Brook, Suzuki, etc). Besides, Montreal isn't going to bottom out anytime soon, not with Weber back in the fold and especially not if Price is fully back. I'd take a chance to maybe see the Habs go all the way.

Montreal is giving up a two quality prospects, read your own proposal.

And as much as Montreal needs to find LHD help, their biggest issues this season are goaltending and the PP. Bringing in Keith and Muzzin might help the goaltending, but D isn't the issue on the PP. And Montreal isn't going to make a massive win-now move right now unless Price elevates his play this year.

And there are issues with Keith with respect to his NMC that probably isn't worth the problem.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
The Habs want to win the Stanley Cup with Weber and Price still in their prime. They're doing pretty well offensively with 4 effective scoring lines. They'll also very likely be adding Suzuki at the end of the year, in time for the Playoffs. What they lack severely is on the left side of their defense. To me, this could be their "All-In" year.

:habs
- Keith
- Muzzin

:kings
- Mete
- Perlini
- 2nd 2019 CHI
- 2nd 2019 MTL

:hawks
- Alzner
- Poehling

FORWARDS
Drouin, J.Domi, M.Shaw, A.
Tatar, T.Danault, P.Gallagher, B.
Lehkonen, A.Kotkaniemi, J.Byron, P.
Agostino, K.Peca, M.Armia, J.
DEFENSEMEN
Keith, D.Weber, S.
Muzzin, J.Petry, J.
Reilly, M.Juulsen, N.
GOALTENDERS
Price, C.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

LOL @ All in..
This is why Mtl doesn't have franchise players.. we settle for "making the playoffs" instead of starting over with raw talent obtained from taking a few years.
Your proposal sells our prospects for an immediate success instead of a long term one.

Man habs fans are so bipolar.

Lets rebuild our team lacks talent everywhere, we’ll be patient.

Wins 3 games.

"Lets trade our farm for 2 aging players that might give you 2 years of hockey"

Why are the habs mediocre for years?

Exactly... how easily they (we) forget that there was no hope of making the playoffs at the beginning of the year. I'll be pleasently surprised if it happens, but im just glad we got some good hockey again.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
The Habs want to win the Stanley Cup with Weber and Price still in their prime. They're doing pretty well offensively with 4 effective scoring lines. They'll also very likely be adding Suzuki at the end of the year, in time for the Playoffs. What they lack severely is on the left side of their defense. To me, this could be their "All-In" year.

:habs
- Keith
- Muzzin

:kings
- Mete
- Perlini
- 2nd 2019 CHI
- 2nd 2019 MTL

:hawks
- Alzner
- Poehling

FORWARDS
Drouin, J.Domi, M.Shaw, A.
Tatar, T.Danault, P.Gallagher, B.
Lehkonen, A.Kotkaniemi, J.Byron, P.
Agostino, K.Peca, M.Armia, J.
DEFENSEMEN
Keith, D.Weber, S.
Muzzin, J.Petry, J.
Reilly, M.Juulsen, N.
GOALTENDERS
Price, C.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

4 scoring lines ? The 4th line have a combined 5 goals so far this season, 8 if you add Hudon's production (while Plekanec was still there).

8 goals in 33 games is not what I would refer as a scoring line.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Niceee!!! Mete + Poehling + 2nd gives you Duncan Keith & Jake Muzzin (two top 3 defensemen)

and still some habs fans decline citing they're not ready yet as a reason lol

these are the reasons why I'll never quit being a hfboard member, this is free entertainment people!

no but seriously guys, everyone should thank God this Christmas that habs fans exist, life wouldn't be this fun without them

edit ***oh shit! i just realized they also dump Alzner too in this deal lolllll

and STILL got refused by some habs fans loll oh my God i'm lighting a candle as we speak

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Niceee!!! Mete + Poehling + 2nd gives you Duncan Keith & Jake Muzzin (two top 3 defensemen)

these are the reasons why I'll never quit being a hfboard member, this is free entertainment people!

no but seriously guys, everyone should thank God this Christmas that habs fans exist, life wouldn't be this fun without them

***oh ****! i just realized they also dump Alzner too in this deal lolllll

and STILL got refused by some habs fans loll oh my God i'm lighting a candle as we speak
Thats what happens when you only consider trades in a vacuum, not because a certain package is fair or not enough from an organisation, it doesn’t mean it makes sense for them to do it. From an habs stand point trading quality future for muzzin, does absolutly NOTHING. Yes we need a puck moving LHD but neither Muzzin or keith fit our timeframe. Weber will likely be a mentor, teacher a la Markov when habs might be relevant. We don’t need more of them.

Edit: would you trade weber for vilardi and a 2nd?

Weber fits the carter, kopitar aging core!

Exacly.

Reactions: DJKhaled

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
So we give up Keith, Perlini and a high 2nd, take on Alzner and all we get is Poehling?

lmao this totally isnt completely awful. top 10 trade of all time. Stop listening to Kevin this is pure crap awful

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal

edit ***oh ****! i just realized they also dump Alzner too in this deal lolllll

Habs laugh at this post and at the OP. Get a clue and learn about other teams situation before talking out of your ass

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Excellent defensmen no doubt, but what is team need? Montreal would probably win value wise in quality of players, but they'd be trading two core pieces that could be part of the team for years to come for 2 defensmen, one in the twilight of his career in Keith (a couple years of good hockey MAX)
and Muzzin who's 29.

Tell me how that would make sense to a rebuilding team?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
A Chicago fan (same one who must have inspired the Schmaltz/Strome deal a few weeks ago) proposed "Poehling + Alzner for Keith + Perlini + Fortin" in a thread earlier today. Hab fans didn't think they got enough. Anyway, Fortin is changed to a 2nd and voila, there's your answer. Besides Poehling is pretty damn good and would be a great get for a rebuilding Chicago.

I find it hard to believe a few things. 1. Fortin is not worth as much as Chicago's 2nd this year as it stands currently. 2. I would be willing to bet that alot of teams would willingly take Keith on their team if they had the cap space. Alzner on the other hand would need some serious retention. I wouldn't be surprised to see Keith still able to fetch a late first just due to his resume. Poehling is a fine prospect but I wouldn't imagine he is good enough to want to give up an early 2nd/Fortin + Perlini + Keith and at the same time take on Alzner.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
No just no, please close thread. We are in no position to trade our young players right now.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So we give up Keith, Perlini and a high 2nd, take on Alzner and all we get is Poehling?

lmao this totally isnt completely awful. top 10 trade of all time. Stop listening to Kevin this is pure crap awful
tbf we dont't give up the high 2nd in my proposal.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Mete ain't no ready for the big leagues either, he's meh until proven otherwise

Yes he is, the only reason he was sent down was because he's waiver exempt.

Dude, this is ridiculous asset management from the Habs. We need to build for the future, not this year. We shoot ourselves in the leg if we don't win in two years after this trade, and with our forward core we likely won't win.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
So Vilardi is meh until proven otherwise?

The Kings aren’t interested in a 5’9 left-handed defenseman. If you want to get Jake Muzzin, it’s going to cost more than Viktor f***ing Mete. Two second round picks and Perlini aren’t going to close that gap. The Kings have plenty of second-round-type players. We need high end talent. Muzzin can bring that. Muzzin can bring a first or a higher-end prospect if a team thinks he’s the difference between winning or losing a championship (and he can be).

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
So Vilardi is meh until proven otherwise?

Vilardi hasn't played in the NHL at all

so he's neither meh nor amazing

but to bring consistency to your point, yes our prospect Paul Ladue is meh until proven otherwise, yes. Completely.

Also, Mete was sent down because of his lack of consistency, i watch habs games don't talk assuming that we don't watch btw, Mete hasn't been all that at all and people are now talking that they might have rushed him in - something that fans and the media desperately wanted and now it has potentially hampered his growth

there are reasons why Ouellet was sent down AFTER Mete and no it's not waiver exemptions (because Ouellet was still sent down regardless); and IF METE is FIRE, he stays no matter what, don't we agree on that?

for now, Victor Mete is BELOW Xavier Ouellet on the depth chart

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I love how Habs fans pretend this is such a blasphemous proposal. Yes, both Keith and Muzzin are *older*, but they're still, at worst, top-3 defensemen. Add Weber and Petry who are both, also at worst, top-3 defensemen and you've got a truly solid blue corps. That will massively help our "goaltending issues". I mean watch the games before all talking out of your own asses.

"Oh but our PP sucks".. Get rid of Muller, he's obviously ass at his job. Montreal is one of the top scoring teams 5-on-5... Duh??

"Lel, Vilardi + 2nd for aging Weber?" Well, LAK are rebuilding, MTL are one of the top teams, and with having players such as Weber and Price, NOW is our time to contend. Not in 8 years when our young ones "develop and get better". If we keep waiting, it'll be a long time before we become relevant again.

"But our centers suck".. Yeah, a PPG center and one of the most underrated defensive with great advanced stats center is good enough, when paired with a top blue line and Price in nets. And Kotka's doing pretty great too.. We have way better centers than before.

"4th line not scoring". Watch games lately? See Agostino kill it.

"Muzzin extending in 2 years". Oh well, that's life. Cap's also rising.

"Poehling and Mete too amazing". Yeah, they're the KEY to winning cups in the future. Two elite prospects, amirite?

Last edited:

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Yes he is, the only reason he was sent down was because he's waiver exempt.

Dude, this is ridiculous asset management from the Habs. We need to build for the future, not this year. We shoot ourselves in the leg if we don't win in two years after this trade, and with our forward core we likely won't win.

that's completely false

this is literally a quote from your coach:

Julien said the move was made to further Mete’s development. The Habs head coach was happy with Mete’s offensive game, but said he needs to work on his defence and play away from the puck. Julien said that going to Laval will for more playing time will further his game.
“Sometimes it’s about getting there first. It’s anticipation, because he’s not a big player, anticipating well and getting to the puck first,” Julien said to the media. Sometimes it’s about how to close quickly and good stick. So, in other words, staying away from just kind of trying to contain. Because when we get in that situation we spend a lot of time in our own end.

Montreal Canadiens Send Victor Mete to Laval - Last Word on Hockey

Also, Ouellet was sent down AFTER and he isn't waiver exempt, therefore waivers isn't the reason

why don't you know this btw???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad