Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Joel Edmundson signs with the Canadiens (4 years, $3.5M AAV)

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
No, I think MTL is incredibly underrated. This is just a stupid signing.
i mean he's a quality bottom pairing Dman the AVV is fine, you get stability. Term is mehh, a year too much but not a big deal. Chiarot is likely getting traded soon and we'll probably get some assets in the future for Edmundson too. i don't love the deal, but i don't HATE it.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Morc Bargainbin handcuffs his team with 2 big contracts before UFA begins, where Habs are finally a desirable destination for guys like Hall & Krug, and most teams have an internal cap. And most importantly, the market would probably bring down Edmunson's ask on October 9th...

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The habs d-corps next season will be
Chariot - Weber
Romanov/Edmundson - Petry
Romanov/Edmundson - Mete
Kulak

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
At least our money is locked up in good players under the age of 30.

yeah all these good players and can't can't win a serie, let alone make the playoffs.
:sarcasm:

Watch Nylander get traded for a lower tier player at defense. Matthews leave as a UFA, Pyjama boy declining while getting paid 11M. Tavares was never fast and looked slow as hell in the play ins.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
i mean he's a quality bottom pairing Dman the AVV is fine, you get stability. Term is mehh, a year too much but not a big deal. Chiarot is likely getting traded soon and we'll probably get some assets in the future for Edmundson too. i don't love the deal, but i don't HATE it.

How is he a quality bottom pairing D? He was horrible last season.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Terrible deal for a replacement level player
This dude lmao. Ok

He was supposed to hit 4M and he stagnated at 3.5, imo good deal for mtl and easy contract to trade after. A lot of team will be looking at a player like him for the playoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad