Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Habs re-sign Christian Folin [1 year, 1-way/$800,000]

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
Reilly, Olofsson, Folin... Habs are collecting the Wild defense rejects. Insiders in the Minnesota system? I love conspiracy theories.

NitroF

Feb 6, 2006
I like this signature as a 6th to 8th defenseman.
Very good positioning, a reliable defensive defenseman even though it looks like his wrists are stuck in concrete. No hands whatsoever but decisions making and size largely compensate.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
He's okay, does his job in the bottom pairing. Just hoping now Benn gets walked, we don't need too many of the same mold.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I liked Folin as a depth defenseman. Not very good with the puck, but he knows it and doesn't try anything fancy. Very strong and engaged physically, knows when to pick his spot for a good hit.
As many other said, Benn probably looking for the best offer as a Ufa and I don't blame him. He just came off his best season and he needs to cash in at almost 32 years old. He's better then Folin with the puck, he's a better passer and has more vision. His shot sucks tho.
Now, with the current depth on the left side, Kulak really needs to be re-signed. He occasionnally had brain cramps, but his play was solid from mid season on. Even if we sign or trade for a better LHD we still need to re-sign him imo.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Benn is 1000% going back to Dallas.

Agree. I don't see Habs re-signing him.

Folin is younger and cheaper. Also, we don't want to commit for 3+years for players like Benn when we have Juulsen, Romanov, Brook coming to the team in the next years.

Next year so far:

?-Weber
Mete-Petry
Kulak-Folin/Juulsen

A big need is a top 4 LD. I think Maatta is a target. (played with Domi in London).

Last edited:

OB5

May 2, 2015
Agree. I don't see Habs re-signing him.

Folin is younger and cheaper. Also, we don't want to commit for 3+years for players like Benn when we have Juulsen, Romanov, Brook coming to the team in the next years.

Next year so far:

?-Weber
Mete-Petry
Kulak-Folin/Juulsen

A big need is a top 4 LD. I think Maatta is a target. (played with Domi in London).
Kill me if the Habs acquire Maatta. He's done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->