Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Habs Extend Charles Hudon (1-Year, $800K, 1-Way)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

With this, the Habs avoid arbitration with all of their RFAs who were eligible for it.

The only player left unsigned on the Habs is McCarron (RFA), who was eligible for arbitration, but didn't file for it.

Hudon had turned down his QO initially as he didn't want a Two-Way deal. So he must be satisfied that he got his 1-Way.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
WHY ? He's like the 17th forward. Great for Laval and won't cost a penny on a cap there, but.... WHY?
(Is he somehow considered a veteran for preseason games?)

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
personnaly always liked Hudon and i realy feel he could thrive in the NHL, but the organisation never realy have him prime opportunities... he should have played before a bunch of guys in my opinon, but at this point he doesn't have his coach approval and we all the depth up front, i fail to see how he's gonna play even if he's better than some of them, pretty sure he's getting dealt.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
WHY ? He's like the 17th forward. Great for Laval and won't cost a penny on a cap there, but.... WHY?

Habs are going to have some interesting decisions to make. 15 forwards under contract now, not including Poehling or Suzuki.

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
Good hands and vision but lacks foot speed. Did alright in his first stint with the Habs but was buried on the roster last season.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
personnaly always liked Hudon and i realy feel he could thrive in the NHL, but the organisation never realy have him prime opportunities... he should have played before a bunch of guys in my opinon, but at this point he doesn't have his coach approval and we all the depth up front, i fail to see how he's gonna play even if he's better than some of them, pretty sure he's getting dealt.

Kind of like Andrigetto

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Dude's gonna be
VerifiableLazyFlounder-size_restricted.gif

Seriously don't see how he fits anywhere in this organization at this point. What a miserable year he had last year.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Why not , can send him down and dump his entire cap still. Maybe he blows training camp away or something. It's basically just a lost contract spot and you have three days(maybe five? ) to buy someone out if they want to do that now I guess

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Really wondering why he never got a real chance after his first season.

He got, actually. He was playing for a while with Domi and Drouin and did nothing. Hudon's got some excellent tools and is a smart player but his skating just doesn't allow him to use those tools, especially at the tempo the Habs played last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->