Proposal: Mtl -Edm

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
#1 - Price isn't getting traded.
#2 - While Price is awesome, nobody wants his contract. At 50% retained he's making more than league average for starting goalies.
#3 - Edmonton has a starter. They need a back-up, not a starter. After this trade they still need a back-up and they're missing a top 4 d-man and a first rounder. Price is obviously an upgrade, but at what price.
#4 - If you think the price of Price is a fellow starting goalie who would probably resign with Edmonton, a top 4 d-man and a 1st rounder knowing that Edmonton is on the outside of making the playoffs this year, I'm just going to assume that you're drunk or are mistaking Edmonton and their roster for a totally different team like the Lightning or the Jets.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
#1 - Price isn't getting traded.
#2 - While Price is awesome, nobody wants his contract. At 50% retained he's making more than league average for starting goalies.
#3 - Edmonton has a starter. They need a back-up, not a starter. After this trade they still need a back-up and they're missing a top 4 d-man and a first rounder. Price is obviously an upgrade, but at what price.
#4 - If you think the Price of Price is a fellow starting goalie who would probably resign with Edmonton, a top 4 d-man and a 1st rounder knowing that Edmonton is on the outside of making the playoffs this year, I'm just going to assume that you're drunk or are mistaking Edmonton and their roster for a totally different team like the Lightning or the Jets.

1) I agree. He has a NMC.
2) 50% retain and nobody still don't want him? Give your head a shake.
3) Edmonton has a starter that is nothing special. He needs to prove himself over a larger sample size.
4) no comment

Oilers need to use their assets and/or cap space they have to shore up the D before they go all in on a goalie. We agree this is a bad trade but for different reasons

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
1) I agree. He has a NMC.
2) 50% retain and nobody still don't want him? Give your head a shake.
3) Edmonton has a starter that is nothing special. He needs to prove himself over a larger sample size.
4) no comment

Oilers need to use their assets and/or cap space they have to shore up the D before they go all in on a goalie. We agree this is a bad trade but for different reasons

Yeah, I wrote 1-11 and I deleted 5-11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad