Proposal: Mtl -Edm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lol. Not interested in that contract at all. Retaining only 20% and asking for two strong assets is some turd icing on this turd cake.

Reactions: Taytro

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Montreal makes that trade in a heartbeat.

Montreal certainly doesn't make that trade, but I understand the Oilers not liking it due to Nurse being added.

Price at 20% retained + 2nd round > Talbot plus 1st. With Price changing teams, the Oilers 1st may very well be real close to the habs 2nd.

Price's salary would be $8.4M. That's 10.6% of today's cap which is reasonable for a top goalie, but the + to make things fair shouldn't be Nurse.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Montreal certainly doesn't make that trade, but I understand the Oilers not liking it due to Nurse being added.

Price at 20% retained + 2nd round > Talbot plus 1st. With Price changing teams, the Oilers 1st may very well be real close to the habs 2nd.

Price's salary would be $8.4M. That's 10.6% of today's cap which is reasonable for a top goalie, but the + to make things fair shouldn't be Nurse.

You maybe right on your assessment however a team with 2 players making 21 million a year are not adding another player at 8.4 million .

To Edmonton
Drouin
Price
Domi

RNH
Talbot
1st
Lucic

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I'm an Oiler fan who's been living in Montreal for the past 12 years.

This is something Oiler fans don't realise:

MONTREAL IS NOT REBUILDING.

This specifically means, their hopes and dreams of Stanley Cup glory firmly rests on the shoulders of Price being completely and utterly dominant.

The expectation is that he will deliver historically monumental goaltending performances of the ages.

(And yes Montreal has a long history of this happening, including with Price).

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
Yes for the reasons I think. Montreal isn’t interested in trading their franchise player, no matter what “value” HF boards put on Price.

Montreal doesn’t.
hmm, as a habs fan I'd take this in a second. i cant wait for the day price is traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad