Confirmed with Link: [MTL/DET] Habs acquire Steve Ott from Detroit for 6th in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Ott's hit on Zuccarello was clean. What ensued afterwards was the Rangers responding. Weber dropping the gloves was Weber's decision.

A clean hit is not ill advised.

Hit was clean hut I'm pretty sure what ensued afterwards started when Ott after hitting Zuccarello, also got into a shoving match with him, which led to Miller jumping him and Weber grabbing Miller.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Ott's hit on Zuccarello was clean. What ensued afterwards was the Rangers responding. Weber dropping the gloves was Weber's decision.

A clean hit is not ill advised.

This discussion started because some poster said that Ott's hit on Zuccarello changed the momentum. The Rangers went on to score and carry the pace after that. So, Ott's hit didn't lead to anything positive for Montreal as far as gameplay is concerned.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
This discussion started because some poster said that Ott's hit on Zuccarello changed the momentum. The Rangers went on to score and carry the pace after that. So, Ott's hit didn't lead to anything positive for Montreal as far as gameplay is concerned.

There were 128 hits in the game.....how do you know which hit led to what? There were probably another 10 hits after the Ott hit before they scored.....hits pump up the team and the crowd.

Hits wear down the body and let's the other team know that you're not intimidated and that you won't back down. NYR had no life in them left after midway through the 3rd, it was mainly Montreal after that. The pace was incredible.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The Ott hit was fantastic. Zucc was the Rangers top offensive player this season. Other than a lucky bounce goal he hasn't really implicated himself much. Keep going at him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
No agenda...Just not as big a fan as most

That's all

Nobody is a big fan. But most people that contrary to King and Martinsen, he's doing the job he's been asked to do on a 4th line. And not only that...but for the return? It,s a freakin steal compared to the 4th round for King or Ghetto for Martinsen....

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Nobody is a big fan. But most people that contrary to King and Martinsen, he's doing the job he's been asked to do on a 4th line. And not only that...but for the return? It,s a freakin steal compared to the 4th round for King or Ghetto for Martinsen....

I've got no issues with King...Don't get all the complaining.

I think people see the size and had anticipated he was Matt Martin.

He's never played that way though, but I think he's done a good job in his role

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
:tvhappy:

What's not to like about Steve Ott? Just look at him playing with Zuccarello's hair :laugh:

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I've got no issues with King...Don't get all the complaining.

I think people see the size and had anticipated he was Matt Martin.

He's never played that way though, but I think he's done a good job in his role

Well I have to completely disagree. I was a big fan of King. Big one. 2-3 years ago. He slowed down considerably. And while he was never a world beater, he was MORE physical 2 or 3 years ago 'cause he actually had more speed and could get players in time. And not only that but right now, he even looks bad defending which should be his primary asset. He does not show his experience right now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There are probably a ton of Ott off beat moments on the ice. Here's another, this time petting Jason Zucker's helmet:

1nehgp.gif

In a 2010 piece, TSN named Ott the 3rd best agitator of all time: http://www.defendingbigd.com/2010/7/28/1592435/steve-ott-is-the-3rd-best-agitator

ToNedOuT

Apr 22, 2004
Victoria BC
Before the trade deadline it was glaringly obvious that we needed to add some grit to the lineup. I'm sure CJ identified this as an issue as well. Ott has his flaws but he adds that sandpaper that our forwards generally don't have, he finishes his checks and gets under people's skin. If people don't see the value in this, go back and watch games during the slide that got therrien fired.

Having players that play a physical brand of hockey is contagious, it's so important when a large amount of your forward group are undersized.

People are forgetting that dangerous knee on knee zucarello got gally with. I'm sure ott took notice.

Last edited:

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
In a series like this where the opposition doesn't have a huge amount of toughness allows Ott to run free and literally do whatever he wants. The Rangers have Glass but he isn't trying to stop Ott for some reason or another. Ott is completely in their heads right now :laugh:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
In a series like this where the opposition doesn't have a huge amount of toughness allows Ott to run free and literally do whatever he wants. The Rangers have Glass but he isn't trying to stop Ott for some reason or another. Ott is completely in their heads right now :laugh:

Especially Zuccarello, who is one of the players that they need to get off his game.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Ott's an incredible pest because instead of just being a casual annoyance like all the others, he targets specific players who themselves were trying to get under our skin 1st. We've needed that kind of player for years now.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'm telling you, prime Steve Ott would have been loved here.

What are you talking about....Ott is loved here!!! :yo:

This just allows Shaw to do his job better without having to think about the things Ott does.....I hope Bergevin resigns him!.....2yrs at a sub million dollar salary would be fair!

ToNedOuT

Apr 22, 2004
Victoria BC
Ott's an incredible pest because instead of just being a casual annoyance like all the others, he targets specific players who themselves were trying to get under our skin 1st. We've needed that kind of player for years now.

Totally agree. Zucarello knees Gally, Ott targets him. Zucarello seems more into looking to engage physically now instead of creating offense. For our team and our needs he's a great fit for the 4th line, meets more needs than Flynn does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad