Confirmed with Link: [MTL/DET] Habs acquire Steve Ott from Detroit for 6th in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Ott makes the opposition nervous more so than Mitchell. That's why he's in the lineup.

How exactly? By being a complet no-factor?

Who lied to you guys and told you Steve Ott made teams nervous?

Is this for real???

A healthy scratch on one of the worst teams in the league, a guy who has a total of 20pts combined over the last 3 years, makes the opposition nervous?

Ok then lol

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I would rather have mitchell and Flynn playing instead of Ott and King. Of we are not going to score goals, then may as well have your best defensive players playing trying to stop the other team to score. It will get you in OT and then you wish for the best.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I would rather have mitchell and Flynn playing instead of Ott and King. Of we are not going to score goals, then may as well have your best defensive players playing trying to stop the other team to score. It will get you in OT and then you wish for the best.

King was far better offensively than most players on the team last game. I would like to see Mitchell though he would bring far more offensively than ott or Martinsen.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Not sure why people expect Ott to have an immediate impact from game 1
He's an agitator, he will frustrate the rags through his hits, trash talking, and silly things he does (like not let lundqvist take his water bottle). He will get in their head. That's his game.
But he won't get in their head in just 1 game... It takes time for the frustration of the rags against Ott to build up.

Also why do you guys want to scratch Ott or Martinsen? The 4th line was the best line last game.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Not sure why people expect Ott to have an immediate impact from game 1
He's an agitator, he will frustrate the rags through his hits, trash talking, and silly things he does (like not let lundqvist take his water bottle). He will get in their head. That's his game.
But he won't get in their head in just 1 game... It takes time for the frustration of the rags against Ott to build up.

Also why do you guys want to scratch Ott or Martinsen? The 4th line was the best line last game.
Yeah Ott not letting Hank get his water bottle really affected him negatively.

Wandering Maroon

Sep 11, 2010
Ott sucks! Mitchell deserves to be there with Flynn or McCarron. I am so fed up with the BS of the coach having to make the GM's trades look good (he loves shuffling the deck but not really changing anything or swapping $1 for 3 quarters Desharnais at $3.4 million for King $2million, Martinson $650k and Ott $800k, a Sean Avery wannabee) Martinson is big and can skate and hit and that's it. He can't shoot or pass. And King is finished. The real problem is the GM, Fire Bergevin!

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Yeah Ott not letting Hank get his water bottle really affected him negatively.

I'm not sure you read his post if your reply is this. His post said that the little things Ott does adds up. Now if that's true or not is yet to be seen.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm convinced Ott could play without a stick and it wouldn't make a difference lol

But I'll give him credit, he finds ways to impact the game in other ways and for hockey traditionalists, it's sexy...

Not my kind of player but again, he's been useful ...Would be concerned about matchups on the road though

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
He's awful. And somehow doesn't feel right to have him in a Hab uniform. This isn't a puritan kind of thing... I liked Lapierre and Claude, for instance. Just not Ott. Reminds me of having Odjick in a Hab uniform. Wasn't a good look.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He's awful. And somehow doesn't feel right to have him in a Hab uniform. This isn't a puritan kind of thing... I liked Lapierre and Claude, for instance. Just not Ott. Reminds me of having Odjick in a Hab uniform. Wasn't a good look.

I'm with you man...I think he's a terrible player

But a lot of people like the 'intangibles' he brings.

I hope he doesn't dress on the road though

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
He's excellent for a 4th line.

He's sound defensively and win the majority of his draws and boards battles.

He's slow tho.

I taught he bringed a lot in the game yesterday.

His hit before the brawl was a momentum changer in this series so far.

Wow. Jesus ****ing christ, that was so good.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site

He's slow tho.

Hmm, what happened after that brawl?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'm with you man...I think he's a terrible player

But a lot of people like the 'intangibles' he brings.

I hope he doesn't dress on the road though

Better than King and Martinsen, so he should stay in.

VS Rangers

Mitchell
Ott
Martinsen
Flynn
McCarron
King

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

He's slow tho.

I don't know why people keep saying he wins the majority of his draws

That hasn't been the case since becoming a Hab, he's under 47% and has been right around that these olayodfs.

As for his hit being a momentum changer...It was

But it changed the momentum FOR the Ranfers, not the Habs...They were in complete control until then

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I don't know why people keep saying he wins the majority of his draws

That hasn't been the case since becoming a Hab, he's under 47% and has been right around that these olayodfs.

As for his hit being a momentum changer...It was

But it changed the momentum FOR the Ranfers, not the Habs...They were in complete control until then

Ehh... it was a momentum changer because we had to give signficantly more minutes to Nikita Nesterov than what he should be getting at this point (which is, 0).

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Ehh... it was a momentum changer because we had to give signficantly more minutes to Nikita Nesterov than what he should be getting at this point (which is, 0).

Rangers scored 2 goals soon after that altercstion.

It was fun for the fans, but ill advised IMO

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

If the guys going to the penalty box are Nesterov and Beaulieu, or Ott himself and, say, Dwight King, things are completely different.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Because Weber decided to put himself in the box for 5 minutes.

If that hadn't happened it would have just been Ott leveling one of their best players then goading him into taking a double minor. I don't know if you have some sort of agenda against Ott but, while Ott isn't amazing or anything, that was a great move for him.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Because Weber decided to put himself in the box for 5 minutes.

If that hadn't happened it would have just been Ott leveling one of their best players then goading him into taking a double minor. I don't know if you have some sort of agenda against Ott but, while Ott isn't amazing or anything, that was a great move for him.

No agenda...Just not as big a fan as most

That's all

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Ott's hit on Zuccarello was clean. What ensued afterwards was the Rangers responding. Weber dropping the gloves was Weber's decision.

A clean hit is not ill advised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad