Proposal: MTL-COL

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
:habs
Future considerations

:avs
Alzner
4th 2018 (WPG)

Habs need to rid this shit contract ASAP and offer max-everything to Tavares (haha it'll never happen, but I need an excuse to get rid of Alzner's shit contract).
Avs need to take some cap $ to at least "hit the floor".

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Avs, do the Habs a solid and take on a 4 year deal and block their own prospects for what is essentially an early 5th round pick? They'll hit the floor by just re-signing their own players and maybe a mid level FA or two.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Only a team in danger of not reaching the cap floor will take it, and then you likely have to "pay" them to do it. I've been resigned to a buyout since January.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Avs will have no problem reaching the cap floor, lets say by signing JT instead of taking on that garbage contract.

Taking on cap hit in the NHL is expensive. Taking on 4 more years of term generally costs at least a 1st and with how bad MTL is we can see where that leaves things.

If you want to clear cap that badly swap Alzner with a player the Avs would actually want.

I can't think of what is more delusional, thinking this is a good trade or that JT would ever want to go to the dumpster fire that is MTL where he would get paid less to play on a team with no chance of success for the next 5 years minimum

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It would take so, so much more then a 4th rounder for the Avs to take a dead contract worth almost 5M for the next 4 years.

2019 1st is what it would take. You're not dumping $18M for less then that.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
:habs
Future considerations

:avs
Alzner
4th 2018 (WPG)

Habs need to rid this **** contract ASAP and offer max-everything to Tavares (haha it'll never happen, but I need an excuse to get rid of Alzner's **** contract).
Avs need to take some cap $ to at least "hit the floor".
Habs have like 18 million in cap room, and free agents won't sign here . Why would they give up a 4th to move Alzner?

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I guess the OP should never go into sales... as the line, "I need an excuse to get rid of Alzner's **** contract" is probably the worst sales pitch of all time.

As for the deal, absolutely not. What incentive do the Avs get for taking on that garage contract? A 4th round pick? That's absolute garbage.

The Avs have no incentive to take on bad contracts. We'll get to the cap floor, without doing other teams massive favors.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
montreal would have to throw in a first round pick, which they shouldn't do, so it wouldn't be worth trading alzner at all.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
No reason for Colorado to agree to that.

Would take something like 3rd OA + Alzner for 16th OA for Colorado to agree. Montreal has no reason to do that though.

Don’t see a fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad