Status
Not open for further replies.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Mtl: Hudon, Lindgren & 2nd 2020
Car: Ferland

Hudon: An undersized scoring forward that can't score and is a weak skater. Do you think we're missing Victor Rask?

Lindgren: This is not a solution to our goalkeeping problem. We need a proven league-average starter, not another spec.

2020 2nd: C'mon. You're trying to trade for our best power forward with your castaways and can't even make the pick for this year?

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
Habs fans need to realize Hudon will end up on waivers and has no value

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Habs fans need to realize Hudon will end up on waivers and has no value

This person is correct.

Hudon has one point over his last 16 games played. That is not very much for an offensive player.

He is waiver fodder to get Weise up. I just see Hudon being given some decent ice time over the next week or so to see if any teams would throw a late pick or their own meddling prospect for him.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Oh Jesus Christ.

We had to gut out incessant proposals including Scherbak - “young scorer” that just can’t “crack the logjam in Montreal” - and now it appears we’ve graduated to Hudon.

When the hell will you guys learn? Better yet, when will it stop?

Reactions: DaveG

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Oh Jesus Christ.

We had to gut out incessant proposals including Scherbak - “young scorer” that just can’t “crack the logjam in Montreal” - and now it appears we’ve graduated to Hudon.

EVERY fanbase is guilty of overrating their young fringe-NHLers. Especially if they have an offensive bent to their game or are a former 1st or 2nd round pick.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
EVERY fanbase is guilty of overrating their young fringe-NHLers. Especially if they have an offensive bent to their game or are a former 1st or 2nd round pick.

Also Hudon has actually proven he can score at the NHL level. His value in a trade right now is probably close to non-existent but someone would certainly pick him up from waivers.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Some waiver fodder and a 2020 2nd, where do I sign?

Hurricanes could be buyers or sellers at Trade Deadline, GM says
If the Hurricanes lose touch in the playoff race before the deadline, Waddell would likely trade Ferland, but at the moment, he's considering keeping him.
"Maybe he's our rental player," Waddell said. "You trade him and then you might need someone like that if you're still in the thick of things, so you can look at it the other way and say, 'Well, we like him. We'd love to keep him, so why do we even think about trading him?"

Canes would rather keep Ferland as their own rental than deal him for a terrible return.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Oh Jesus Christ.

i like how " young scorer" is in parentheses

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Yeah - I'm quoting the many, many Habs fans that used that line in an attempt to foist Scherbak on other organizations. Shamelessly dishonest, and now we're seeing the same garbage with Hudon.

Rinse and repeat.

not every prospect is gonna pan out, that's not just a montreal thing. My bigger problem is that a lot of our fan base when they look at a prospect who is not living up to expectations ( like say a "young scorer" who doesnt score) they immediately invent a fairy tale about other attributes they bring to the table to offset their core deficiencies.

like hudon must be good defensively because if he wasnt, there is no reason to keep him.

and here we are.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Ryder, Halak and a 2nd

ha! this made me laugh, but to be fair, i think that ryder+halak was worth way more than Hudon and Lingren. Ryder had a few 30-goal seasons under his belt, Halak was a solid 1b-2a goalie.. whereas the other two are unproven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad