---------

To Montreal : Carl Soderberg@50% retained

Vs

To Chicago : Paul Byron, 2nd Pick 2021 and 4th round Pick 2022

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Byron only has 2 seasons left and he is overpaid by about 1.5 million. Teams eat 1.5 mil for 2 years.
Remember what Toronto did in the Lehner deal last year? That's what they're offering to do. Eat salary on expiring contracts to facilitate trades for teams with limited cap space.

They're not offering to pay unwanted players millions of dollars over several years in exchange for lottery tickets.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
The only way I think Byron gets moved is to Seattle. Otherwise I don’t think Bergy will pay the required assets for team to eat his salary.

it’s a shame, he’s a decent player and can add to a teams bottom six, but he’s over paid by 1.5M which is tough in today’s economic climate.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
The only way I think Byron gets moved is to Seattle. Otherwise I don’t think Bergy will pay the required assets for team to eat his salary.

it’s a shame, he’s a decent player and can add to a teams bottom six, but he’s over paid by 1.5M which is tough in today’s economic climate.

It'll cost them a 2nd at max to trade him.

At 2.5M, his salary would be ok. 2nd rd pick to eat a cap of 1.8M (900k / year) is more than enough

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
It'll cost them a 2nd at max to trade him.

At 2.5M, his salary would be ok. 2nd rd pick to eat a cap of 1.8M (900k / year) is more than enough
To trade him to Seattle you mean, would cost a 2nd at max? If so I would guess it would depend on if the value Seattle places on Byron's leadership and fit and also other options available. I think Seattle would value Allen, Chariot or even Mete higher than Byron, but it's hard to say for sure right now.

To trade Bryon to another team, IMO would cost more than a 2nd with two more years at 3.4M left, especially if they aren't taking back salary.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Remember what Toronto did in the Lehner deal last year? That's what they're offering to do. Eat salary on expiring contracts to facilitate trades for teams with limited cap space.

They're not offering to pay unwanted players millions of dollars over several years in exchange for lottery tickets.
This year and next year the hawks will be willing to take on deals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad