Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Canadiens sign Alexander Romanov to ELC (3 years, $894,167 AAV)

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Romanov has tremendous upside, really low bust chance, great attitude, mature demeanor, polished game, tremendous tools, high hockey IQ, and should blossom into one heck of a defenseman, though I'm not sure yet as to his ultimate upside. We should celebrate this signing for the blessing that it is while not putting unrealistic expectations on the guy.

Anyways, welcome aboard Rom, I hope you have a great career and a blast playing for our team.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
isn't the max ELC contract 925K$? why not do that, instead of 894k? Seems weird for such a small difference.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
2nd round Hit. No glaring weakness to this game but I do expect some adjustments to the NHL. He's going to need a season to adapt and the Habs should shelter him a bit vs inserting him with Weber right away. Mete... you're spot is on the line now so time to step up in this next play in round.

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019
In the Habs board, you go check out the thread after the he was drafted, there was confusion, frustration, and a lot of "who?"

We all know "who" now.
agree gotta give Timmins credit on that,i feel hes always been good with defenders but not so much with forwards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad