Confirmed Trade: [MTL/BUF] Marco Scandella for 2020 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
This thread title is confusing and contradicts the same thread in the Sticky.

It's a 2nd and conditional 4th for Scandella, right? It's important because a 4th sounds about right. A 2nd and conditional 4th is an undressing by Bergevin -- even including some retention. And Bergevin doesn't often make good moves.

Looks like he's become a flipper. Did great on Scandella and by the sounds of it will with Kovalchuk as well.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The only thing worst than Botterill doing nothing is Botterill doing something.

The fan base is ready to burn his house down. No way he survives this in any real franchise with any standards. Lucky he’s not employed by one of them.

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

It's a 2nd and conditional 4th for Scandella, right? It's important because a 4th sounds about right. A 2nd and conditional 4th is an undressing by Bergevin -- even including some retention. And Bergevin doesn't often make good moves.

Looks like he's become a flipper. Did great on Scandella and by the sounds of it will with Kovalchuk as well.

actually Bergevin is ONLY good at making moves like this. Petry for a second, the Max trade was a steal, Fleishman and Weise for Danualt and pick that became Romanov, Domi for Galch, Shaw for two seconds.

This is MB’s wheelhouse. Unfortunately he can’t draft and develop so save his life so the team struggles on. But his trade record has to be close to league best. Thats why I’d like to see Tatar move, odds are he would bend over some GM but I doubt he moves him as he needs to make the playoffs next year

DC Comics

Dec 30, 2019
actually Bergevin is ONLY good at making moves like this. Petry for a second, the Max trade was a steal, Fleishman and Weise for Danualt and pick that became Romanov, Domi for Galch, Shaw for two seconds.

This is MB’s wheelhouse. Unfortunately he can’t draft and develop so save his life so the team struggles on. But his trade record has to be close to league best. Thats why I’d like to see Tatar move, odds are he would bend over some GM but I doubt he moves him as he needs to make the playoffs next year

Don’t forget Patch for Tatar and Suzuki, Weber for Subban as good one

the only one that might not look good is Drouin Sergachev. Rest is best in the league

However, free agent side is not great. Markov, Radulov, Alzner, Kinkaid,

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

This thread was created when the habs acquired Scandella for a 4th

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Yeah I don't think that's true - name a bad move Bergevin has made. The Alzner and Desharnais signings come to mind but certainly not any trades.

He just hasn't done anything to make the team better at the moment.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah I don't think that's true - name a bad move Bergevin has made. The Alzner and Desharnais signings come to mind but certainly not any trades.

He just hasn't done anything to make the team better at the moment.
Fair enough. In general I think I should have said he’s done little to help, as you say. I’m not sure why the Habs have dropped so precipitously during his reign.

I think the Scandella acquisition and trade is brilliant.

If the rumors of what he can get for Kovalchuk that would be another brilliant acquisition and trade.

I think the Price signing was debatable. I think the Drouin trade was debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->